..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't Play RE4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys
I want to play Resident Evil 4 using pcsx2 0.9.8.
But i have a problem when running the game. on the screen at say "Please insert PLAYSTATON or PlayStation2 format disc".

I've made ​​the game files into. iso using IMGburner

This is a screenshot plugin that I use
[Image: uwe29d7s.png]

and this is my operating system information
[Image: qgp46sa9.png]

I am very thankful if you help meRolleyes
and sorry for my bad EnglishTongue
You need to select 'ISO' on the CDVD menu and remember to browse to your RE4 image on 'ISO Selector'. But even you can manage that, I don't suppose you would get more than 30 FPS with a dual-core 1.3 Ghz CPU.
Thanks for help
I highly Recommend to play the PC Version, it has Better Graphics and also uses the Xinput API, and works flawlessly with the Xbox360 Joy-pad or a Dualshock 3 Controller (with the right software).

I have Both RE4 for PC and PS2, the PC Version is the way to go.

Memory Card: That's completely missing the point of the emulator, please don't offer silly advise like that here.
(09-09-2011, 11:06 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Memory Card: That's completely missing the point of the emulator, please don't offer silly advise like that here.
In a way, I'd actually back up Memory Card here (dohoho) and say that the point of emulation is to play console games on a platform other than the one(s) they appeared on, usually with improved graphics and other functionality (save states, screencaps, video recording). As such, trying to play a PS2 version of a game that also exists on PC is missing the point of emulators. It's like emulating the PS2 version of Deus Ex rather than playing the PC version.

I guess the one and only difference is that he won't have save states, but hopefully that's not why he wants to emulate it.
But what if he owns the PS2 version and not the PC version? He might not want to buy it again, seems kinda pointless to me.
Ah, that's a point. I have to admit I just assumed piracy by default.
(09-09-2011, 11:23 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]But what if he owns the PS2 version and not the PC version? He might not want to buy it again, seems kinda pointless to me.

If you have a PC then you Buy the PC Version, instead of Emulating it, which would Require a More Powerful System, and thus more Expensive for a Lesser Experience, you can find RE4 PC for less then £10

(09-09-2011, 11:44 PM)Memory Card Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a PC then you Buy the PC Version, instead of Emulating it, which would Require a More Powerful System, and more System Resources for a lesser and more Expensive Experience.

If he has the PS2 version, logic would dictate (at least i hope) he has a PS2 as well and so bought the game to play on that, why on earth would he then go out and buy it on pc due to it not working on an emulator?

Pages: 1 2