..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dual Core no effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to get FFX to run, and it plays like crap using one core, and checking the "Multi threaded GS mode" and "Dual Core Mode" actually makes it drop a couple FPS.

I have a Pentium 4 with dual 3.0s
1Gb RAM
Nvidia 7600 GT

I checked the task manager while the program runs, and marking the boxes does indeed make the computer use both cores, (CPU usage goes from 50% to 100%), so it's not like the program can't find the 2nd core.

Am a missing something?
(12-16-2008, 07:18 AM)Gehodra Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm trying to get FFX to run, and it plays like crap using one core, and checking the "Multi threaded GS mode" and "Dual Core Mode" actually makes it drop a couple FPS.

I have a Pentium 4 with dual 3.0s
1Gb RAM
Nvidia 7600 GT

I checked the task manager while the program runs, and marking the boxes does indeed make the computer use both cores, (CPU usage goes from 50% to 100%), so it's not like the program can't find the 2nd core.

Am a missing something?

I have a Pentium 4 with dual 3.0s---Still weak.
1Gb RAM---Normal
Nvidia 7600 GT---Fair

your cpu has only slim chance to run FFX unless...
Am a missing something?
*what is your OS?
*what is your pcsx2 configs,plug-in settings
P4s have hyperthreading, which means it *acts* like a dual cored CPU, thats why you see your usage at 50%. Usually multithreaded programs will run a bit better with it, but if you're seeing a FPS drop, just leave it disabled, since the P4 doesnt actually have 2 physical cores to speak of. I know since I have a P4.

I have a core2extreme QX6850 now and enabling MTGS mode gives a HUGE boost. So if you want to take advantage of the option, you should upgrade...or get a new dual core system.
Most P4 systems come with Hyperthreading disabled by default. You must go into your BIOS and enable it. I use a P4 with HT enabled, and MTGS mode typically gives me a 20-30% increase in FPS for most games. Don't enable Dual Core mode though, as it will run quite slow even with HT enabled on your CPU.
P4 is no way a duo core xD
HT is not duo core.
Even a 3.2 GHz Pentium D (a sloppy duo core with 2 P4 roughly slammed together) cannot reach the line of decent fps.
You need something along the line of 2.6GHz+ Core2 Duo.