..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 - good comp, slow games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I saw a lot of videos of people playing on PCSX2 and their games were running very fast even while recording, and their specs were like 1GB ram, 2,5GHz proc and such

I have:
Windows 7 x64, 4 GB ram 800MHz, dual-core 3,0GHz AMD Athlon x2 6000+ 2MB cache, ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB 256 bit

When I play my games are laggy and sound is is screeching slow-mo like.

My GS settings are on screenshot:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9254/...ttings.png
[Image: pcsx2gssettings.th.png]

How can games run so slow on my comp?
AMD Athlon X2 is weak... Any Core 2 running at 2.5 GHz would outperform your CPU.
well no, you are wrong. this is 3,0GHz dual core processor, so I don't think so that dual core 2,5GHz processor would outpeform that

also, your reply doesn't answer topic question
actually a 2.5Ghz core 2 would probably perform much better on pcsx2 than your X2, simply because we take advantage of SSSE3 (3 S's) and SSE4 which AMD's dont support, but they make quite a difference.

anyhow, the slow processor aside, what game are you trying to play? you could try ticking the "native" box in gsdx, that might help.
check this post http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...ow-end-PCs there u can find how ppl play in low end pcs, ur cpu is the bad guy in this case.

@Ranjak: man anybody can say ur cpu is crap, but srly try to help at least.
Clock speed doesn't mean anything when comparing different CPU architectures. Unless the guy who runs PCSX2 with a 2.5 GHz CPU has an Athlon X2 too, you really cannot say "my CPU is better because it has a higher clock".

(10-02-2011, 01:19 AM)ecchiless Wrote: [ -> ]@Ranjak: man anybody can say ur cpu is crap, but srly try to help at least.

Well I was explaining him why people with 2.5 GHz CPUs could run games better than him even if he had a 3 GHz CPU...
For now I was playing Mortal Kombat Armageddon PAL and Crash Bandicoot Wrath of the Cortex NTSC
If your computer has parts from 5 years ago (X2 series launched 5 years ago back in January, and the later core ((brisbane)) first premiered in December of 2006) then you can't call it a good comp. Sorry, but Moore's law still applies (that's computers generally double in performance every 18 months) then you can't expect something that's very demanding to work well.
yeah, and play station 2 was premiered in March of 2000
(10-02-2011, 01:39 AM)Kankuro Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, and play station 2 was premiered in March of 2000

When you're emulating a PS2 game on a PC, you're basically making it run on a hardware that the game hasn't been designed for. In fact, PS2 games have been designed to run only on the PS2, so the emulator has to "fake" being a PS2 in order to make the game run. And this is very power-demanding, since (to put it in a shell) the PS2 is built in a different way than the PCs.
Pages: 1 2