..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow Of The Colossus - No Likey PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, So I think I have a fairly decent PC and I should be able to run games that work on the PS2, but my god that is not the case.

I wanted to play an old-time favorite of mine, Shadow Of The Colossus, but I do not get more than 23 frames, and thats during the opening cutscene.

My Specs are as Follows

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz (2CPU's) ~2.7
Memory: 4Gigs of RAM.
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 250GTS 512mb

No matter what I do with the default Plugins Provided with PCSX2, my game just refuses to work.

Is there really no hope for me?
yes there is
double the FPS you're having by enabling VU cycling up to 2 and recommended speedhacks Smile
If your PC isn't a prebuilt OEM PC try overclocking it. your CPU is far to low to run SotC well.
Last I remember, SotC ran more favorably on my Core 2 Duo @ 2.8Ghz.

Using the VU Cycle Stealing truely is the key to this game. Wink
I was thinking with no speed hacks, But only 2.8ghz eh? I can honestly say i'm surprised haha. Glad to see development has gone so far
(10-07-2011, 08:45 PM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]Using the VU Cycle Stealing truely is the key to this game. Wink

not really.
VU cycle stealing just makes it choppy like hell due to the game internal frameskipper.
I don't use cycle stealing and set the spu2-x sync mode to async mix so I barely notice when the games falls below fullspeed.
you have I5 2500K if you OCed that beast to 4 GHz you will barely see any slowdown with recommended speedhacks