..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Anyway to deal with V-Sync without the massive performance hit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can go from 120FPS to 40FPS by enabling it. I even tried, lol, D3DOverrider, so that it'd have triple buffering.

It's not unbearable, but man, it certainly is annoying as hell to see tearing all over the screen, constantly. I have a crappy TN LCD 24'' Monitor, by Sceptre, and I get tearing even in some still cutscenes, so it's very annoying.

I know that in normal games, V-Sync cuts down on performance, but not as much as emulation. Any way to implement like a V-Sync lite?

It can ruin a cinematic moment to have lines suddenly moving up and down during a cutscene.

I dunno if D3D even helps, and even with it, my EE / IOP never reaches 100%. Infact, like I said, I can hit TAB and get 120FPS. Usually V-Sync only lowers FPS when you dip sub 59/60, b ut that is not the case here.

Anyh word on some kind of better V-Sync , perhaps in the future?
Hmmm Windows vista/7 aero = V-sync and possibly no or very small performance hit, lazy to turn it off to check, but assuming V-sync in pcsx2 is a hacky wacky which causes slowdown, then upgrade your windows would be best speed-wise choice.(If price of some Home Premium Win 7 isn't a barrier.) //I'm blind, you have win 7 on dual boot Tongue, well then do you really need V-Sync in win 7? O.o
v-sync only works when u are in fullscreen mode..try windowed mode and see if u get 60fps...if u are getting low fps u may try some speedhacks or try the native res in gsdx(tell ur ee/gs %when running the game.)...and wat game is it anyway???? Plus post the ver. Of pcsx2 u are using...for now if u want to use v-sync i think u will have to bear with low fps as i don't think there will be v-sync lite......
I said in the first post I can get 120FPS...that's in windowed mode & full screen, the particular game in this question is .hack // Mutation, it's not very intensive. However, enabling V-Sync hobbles FPS. I also have Aero turned off. I also listed my EE / IOP / GS never reaches 100%, even during the heavy cutscenes, it's only around 40-60%, Never any more. Not using any speed hacks besides MTVU and whatnot...even so, speed isn't the issue here.

Using MSI AB, my GPU reaches bout 35% usage. Now I know that GDSX can't take full advantage, that's just how it is. Just seeing all that tearing is frustrating, I mean, here we got 1080p graphic PS2 games...and then tearing comes along, to diminish the experience.

Also, V-Sync can work in windowed mode, it depends on the application, and I've read about it in PCSX2.
not without rewriting vsync to use exclusive fullscreen on XP.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-blog-A-ne...fullscreen
Did you try my dynamic vsync hack? Tongue2
(It's in the GS settings tab.)
I had no idea PS2 games could get tearing... And I've never heard of that monitor brand lol I'd say trade it in for a better one, even if it's smaller
(10-23-2011, 12:55 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try my dynamic vsync hack? Tongue2
(It's in the GS settings tab.)

isn't that hack kind of like the negative swap interval technique?
hmm 40fps.. are you using speedhacks? i guess windows "thinks" you are doing 60fps or possibly 30 (which makes sense on interlaced games)... maybe in reality you arent lol
nah ref, the vsync control really does nuke performance on windows xp.
Pages: 1 2