..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Fatal Frame THIRD NIGHT CALAMITY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing FF But as soon as I get to THIRD NIGHT: CALAMITY where multiple ghosts attack you at once, the sound and video just lags pretty bad, any suggested settings ?

I could reach Third Night with using these settings :

PCSX2 Aug 14 Release
Preset : Aggressive
GSDX10
DirectX 11 Hardware Mode

specs :
Intel i3 @ 3.0 GHZ
Ram : 4 GB, GDDR3
Radeon 5770 HD 1 GB

so I just want to finish this off, and start FF2. Plz help. and this is the one and only game on pcsx2 which is now lagging for me.
What do the EE% and GS% read when the game gets slow?
Have you tried Speedhacks and a lower internal resolution (i.e. Native)?
well native res helped a bit , say 50% but as I said I've super aggressive preset on so no go for speedhacks they are already on full. and I don't know how to read EE and GS.
Native res helped?
Then you're probably bottlenecked by your GPU.
The EE% and GS% appear in the titlebar of the game window.
If one tops-out when slow-down occurs, there's a fair chance it's pointing you to your bottleneck.
(EE = CPU, GS = GPU)

Try enabling "Allow 8-bit textures" in the video settings.
Or maybe try a Software renderer.
woww, u the man 8 bit texture option (maybe with native) helped, now it's super smooth,
EE = 45-50
GS =30-35

Bundle of thanks

it's kinda offtopic but if u could provide best settings for Tekken 5 ?
Speedhacks 'n stuff. Tongue

No really-- try the [Recommended] hacks and the VU slider at 1 or 2. Try the MTVU hack, or superVU for VU1 (if MTVU doesn't help).

For Tekken 5, make sure you use native internal res, or enter a custom res with the X axis no higher than (I think) ~1200 to avoid the black lines.
aweeeesome, Thanks