..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cannot open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm running 10.6.8 snow leopard on a 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo 2009 macbook pro and I have downloaded all the frameworks and pcsx2. It all installs fine but then when I try and start pcsx2 it doesn't open. I have tried opening it using xquartz and have tried using some terminal coding but for the life of me cannot figure out how to get it to work. I know this is an issue for some people using snow leopard and was just wondering if anyone could help?

Thank a ton
First of all, log out then log back in to your computer.

Then, double-click xquartz from the utilities folder and with xquartz open, double-click pcsx2 from the applications menu. This should work.
(11-04-2011, 04:20 PM)flurgle Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, log out then log back in to your computer.

Then, double-click xquartz from the utilities folder and with xquartz open, double-click pcsx2 from the applications menu. This should work.

I've tried this multiple times and still no luck. Feels like I've tried everything at this point, I just have no idea why it's not working.
At this point I would suggest dragging your pcsx2 application to the trash and redownloading it. Then try what I just said again (AFTER LOGGING OUT AND LOGGING BACK IN). If that doesn't work, then delete xquartz, reinstall, and log out, log back in, then try opening pcsx2 (with xquartz already open).

Seems like a wild goose chase, but that's how people have gotten it to work. In layman's terms (which I kind of am, no coding experience here), you're trying to create that "link" that tells pcsx2 to open with xquartz.

Also check to make sure that you have read and write permissions on the pcsx2 app.

Also, check out this thread, someone fixed the problem doing this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Problem-B...-pcsx2-app

If none of that works, then I'm not sure what's going on.
Gonna try this now, I've already re-downloaded/installed pcsx 2 multiple times including different version of it, but I have yet to try reinstalling xquartz so that's worth a try.

Thanks!
Still no luck. Tried following what elminster55 did in the other thread but it wasn't working for me. Looks like I'm just gonna hope for a reply from him with more help on how he did it since I am having the exact same problems he did.
(11-04-2011, 06:22 PM)ardvark Wrote: [ -> ]Still no luck. Tried following what elminster55 did in the other thread but it wasn't working for me. Looks like I'm just gonna hope for a reply from him with more help on how he did it since I am having the exact same problems he did.

Despair no more, I am here to save you (or at least try).

Step One:
First make sure you have downloaded the following:
XQuartz

Step Two:
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly

Step Three:
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:
You need to enable root user (not a long process and it is enabled by deafult), here is a guide for that.

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
(if you dont see anything while you type the password, dont worry, you are not supposed too see anything, it has with security to do)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze
(11-07-2011, 01:00 PM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]Despair no more, I am here to save you (or at least try).

Step One:
First make sure you have downloaded the following:
XQuartz

Step Two:
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly

Step Three:
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:
You need to enable root user (not a long process and it is enabled by deafult), here is a guide for that.

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
(if you dont see anything while you type the password, dont worry, you are not supposed too see anything, it has with security to do)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze

First of all thanks for posting this. So I followed everything step by step and then when I hit enter in Xquartz I get this:
"bash-3.2$ cd /applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/
bash-3.2$ sudo tcsh
Password:
[Tests-MacBook-ProTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root# ./pcsx2
2011-11-07 09:25:42.473 pcsx2[11629:903] Application did finish launching. Now about to execute script
2011-11-07 09:25:42.476 pcsx2[11629:903] Preparing for execution
2011-11-07 09:25:42.476 pcsx2[11629:903] About to execute script
2011-11-07 09:25:42.478 pcsx2[11629:903] Task launched
[Tests-MacBook-ProTongue2csx2.app/Contents/MacOS] root#
"
Except the only problem is that nothing launches which seems really strange to me. Hopefully someone can help with this problem
I have x11 and its working just fine. Is it worth upgrading to xQuarts or should I stick with x11?
Yeah I'm pretty sure xquartz is just more of a "beta" version of X11. I believe X11 recently was updated so it might include the stuff needed by the pcsx2 emulator.

Either way, if you are happy with the performance, don't fix what aint broken.
Pages: 1 2