..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't run bios or dvd, x11 window quits, error messages in bash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't yet have any games for this because I just stumbled on it, I'm going to see if any of my old discs are still around (miss my old ps2 Sad ) but in the mean time I tried to test by running the bios and the window enlarges to a white screen for a few seconds before closing and the bash reads different error messages. I don't remember what the first was and this time around I tried again in order to copy and paste it here but instead of reporting an error the bash and the emulator windows closed.

I tried another test with a cdr file I made of a showreel I created. I had the same issue again and this time the bash remained open and reported the following:

Running the PS2 BIOS...
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 23134 Bus error ./pcsx2

Anyone know what's up with that? Don't know how it will behave with a real game yet but I hope this isn't an indication.
Do you have your bios installed yet?
Also, you will need the nvidea CG framework and the newest version of x11 (xquartz)
Also, the mac version of pcsx2 cant run from disc, you must convert your discs to iso format.
I don't have a bios separately installed. It doesn't come with PCSX2 package then? Sorry I didn't see that in the guide. What's the legality of downloading a bios?
(11-07-2011, 07:16 PM)JimboJones Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a bios separately installed. It doesn't come with PCSX2 package then? Sorry I didn't see that in the guide. What's the legality of downloading a bios?

The legality is 0, and warez is forbidden here
(11-08-2011, 10:36 AM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]The legality is 0, and warez is forbidden here

I have dumped my own bios with a guide that I found in another thread of this forum and I have the same problem as Jimbo...

Any help?
What is your computer's graphics card / specs? Doesn't work if you have Intel GMA integrated graphics, the white screen problem is common for these older macs, unfortunately they aren't supported.
are you properly selecting your bios??
post your bash dump and i can make some sense of it.
Pcsx2 sometimes is retarded and you need to select your bios a few times, quit pcsx2 and then open it again for it to save your bios's directory. sort of a trial and error thing til it wants to keep your bios in place.
So I can't run anything on pcsx2. I have all the bios and I have selected the directory several times. I converted the .bin file to a .iso file. I tried running the .iso file, but all that I get is a blank white window that says ZZOgl-PG in X11. Same thing if I select File––>Run Iso Image... or if I select File-->Run Bios (No Disk). Now I know some people said that it didn't support Intel GMA integrated graphics, but I have a brand new retina MacBook Pro with full configuration (16GB ram, 768GB SSD, Intel Core i7 2.7ghz with 3.7ghz over clock, nVidia 650m graphics card, and Intel HD 4000 (with graphics switching turned off--but if I turn it on it doesn't effect the outcome with the emulator)), and I know some people who say they were able to run games on the same type of computer. Please help! I just want to play old PS2 games. If I knew it would be this much trouble, I would have just jailbroke my ps3.
Well, Lore, please make a new thread and post screenshots and any eventual errors, also wich game is it?