..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 fps general question !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

my PC specs are
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 2.925 ghz (4 logical threads)
Physical RAM = 3061 MB
Graphics card = Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT
Emulator = PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600

I am playing all PS2 games like WWE here comes the pain, wwe raw vs smackdown 2007 , DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 in WINDOWS 7 and getting 55-60+ fps and it looks to me as if i am playing on PS2 console speed, no glitches n issues and speed is optimal as i had already played these games on PS2 console Smile

But i was wondering wat is the default or optimal fps for all PS2 games in general to work like the PS2 console coz i read someone was getting 120+ fps in DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and i also saw a youtube video and the guy's DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 game ran like supersonic (a bit faster than mine) Sad

Thanks Smile
(11-28-2011, 11:24 AM)nanuchamp Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

my PC specs are
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 2.925 ghz (4 logical threads)
Physical RAM = 3061 MB
Graphics card = Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT
Emulator = PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600

I am playing all PS2 games like WWE here comes the pain, wwe raw vs smackdown 2007 , DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 in WINDOWS 7 and getting 55-60+ fps Smile

i was wondering wat is the default or optimal fps for all PS2 games in general to work like the PS2 console coz i read someone was getting 120+ fps in DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and i also saw a youtube video and the guy's DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 game ran like supersonic (a bit faster than mine) Sad

Thanks Smile

i think even 70+ fps is going a bit overboard but if u really want 120+ fps adjust the turbo limit to 1000 and set it to draw 2 frames and skip 1 enable all the speedhacks and use no audio , the maximum framerate for turbo is somewhere around 550fps but im thinking that would put excessive strain on ur computer

that or change the normal framerate to 200-1000 and disable framelimiting
Quote:MinumumTongue2ass
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card
Recommended:failed
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum:failed
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
PriorityTongue2ass
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD athlon 64,486,586,Intel-Atom,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement.

well that video card is a little bit weak for pcsx2 therefore you're stuck in the minimum stats.
since that rig is almost enough for the emulation try the preset slider settings in speedhacks menu.
I get 200+ fps in menu/intro. In Fights it maximum reaches 120-130.

Settings :

Disable Framelimiting - ON

Framekskip : Draw : 1
Skip : 2

Well, I don't think it puts much pressure. Framekips help reduce graphics load and thus is faster. Disable Framelimiting makes the fps go as much as the CPU/GPU can handle.

The CPU/GPU Temps are quite fine with these settings. Rolleyes
(11-28-2011, 02:06 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]I get 200+ fps in menu/intro. In Fights it maximum reaches 120-130.

Settings :

Disable Framelimiting - ON

Framekskip : Draw : 1
Skip : 2

Well, I don't think it puts much pressure. Framekips help reduce graphics load and thus is faster. Disable Framelimiting makes the fps go as much as the CPU/GPU can handle.

The CPU/GPU Temps are quite fine with these settings. Rolleyes

well dude it worked for me also....i also got 120 fps in game while playing match but it wasnt the original ps2 like speed , it felt like fast forward kinda think ....r u sure 60fps isnt normal for this game ???
60 fps is quite normal for this game but as this game is dragon ball z fighting i prefer to keep it at 83 fps (fast, and best) Tongue2. Just Make the Disable Framelimiter OFF.