..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem: SLOW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Pcsx2 0.9.4
I'm trying to play Tekken 5,but it's as slow as HELL, probably around 5 FPS in-game

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
Memory:3.9G RAM
System(irrelevant?): 64-bit VISTA
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (128MB ram)[Main problem?]
I turned ZeroSpu2 to mute, so that i'd be a little faster.
I'm using GSdx9(MSVC 14/00,SSE2) 0.10.0 as my graphics,Windowed, Direct3D,Pixel Shader 2.0 and only Deinterlace checked.

Why is it so slow? I'm assuming it's because of my F*&@ING graphic card??
T5 is one of the slowest game ever, even for the best CPUs. And you'b got not-so-fast AMD one, 64-bit OS (which decrease speed), and only at last place slow vidocard. And use only native resolution for GSDX.
(12-21-2008, 01:52 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]T5 is one of the slowest game ever, even for the best CPUs. And you'b got not-so-fast AMD one, 64-bit OS (which decrease speed), and only at last place slow vidocard. And use only native resolution for GSDX.

Problem is: I dont see where you can change the settings for native resolution in my GSDX settings panel....
I took a look at my compatibility list, Tekken 5 is only "In game". I guess i'll go find a Tekken 4 iso to play then, tekken 4 is Playable, alot better i assume
Your using an onboard graphics chip from the old 6000 series, and that'll be a huge problem for any game, as the memory it uses is shared, and the GPU speed is low and it isnt meant for 64bit operation.

you can buy a 8800GT card relitively cheap, and they arent that bad, or you can try a AMD 3870, another cheap card, about as good as the GT.

The GT would be a better option tho for some new pc games, as the nvidia CUDA and PhysX accelerates gaming performance. If you can't afford a graphics card, try all the framskipping options you find.