..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: MGS3: Black Spots From Hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all hi everyone.

Thanks to this forum I was able to run SOTC with a solid 50-60 fps so that's a BIG thank you for being able to play that piece of art.

Anyway... My problem are the black spots from hell (Wagner background music please)... I can play MGS3 no problem with 60-50 fps in hardware mode BUT from time to time I get this annoying black spots.

Hard mode

[Image: mgs2s.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Soft mode

[Image: mgs1.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm aware that there's a problem with the light effects and that it can only be avoided by playing in software mode, nonetheless, I wanted to know if there is any way to avoid this in hardw mode.

Specs: i5 2'8 Ghz, ATI 6800HD, 3054 RAM, Win7

Thx in advance.
There is a way, by bypassing the post processing effects removal, by adding CrcHacksExclusions=all in the GSdx.ini file (ONLY in SVN builds of PCSX2, won't work with 0.9.8). But you'll get some very ugly artifacts and abysmal speeds doing that so I don't think you want to Tongue
So in the end, nothing much you can do rather than live with it in hardware mode or use software mode I'm afraid.
The "black spots" don't happen that much in the game anyway, if bothered by it I'd recommend playing it in your PS2/PS3.
You are both absolutely right: the black spots are negligible and the game plays overall more than decently. In fact I'm having a ***** ton of fun and enjoying the utter absurdity of the story -the mix of japanese manga and Cold War is ridiculous- & the diverse gameplay.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the HD collection... it should be awesome!!

Thx to both.
(12-06-2011, 11:16 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]The "black spots" don't happen that much in the game anyway, if bothered by it I'd recommend playing it in your PS2/PS3.

Well, I have the 360 Collection, but I still prefer to play on the emulator, call me weird but i LOVE Save States and I bet i can get better graphics using the emu then on 360 or PS3.

Is these black spots are the only glitch in this game?

Thanks