..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wild ARMs: Alter Code F
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I managed to get this game working (very well in general, by the way); I'm not getting the visual shaking or the missing polygons, but I am getting a different annoying error.

If I run my graphics plugin GSdx 4600 in Direct3D11 (Hardware), I get immense slowdown in any text menu - something like 15 FPS in some of the more full ones, like Item or character status, instead of constant 60. Even talking to people drops it to 45-50 FPS.

If I run it in software mode, I don't get any of that slowdown, but using Emma's Download ability crashes the entire emulator regularly. It's always in the same point in the animation.

In either mode, I can't see how full my Migrant Gauge is, but this is a minor issue.

Is there a game-specific setting that will let me run in software mode without crashing, or in hardware mode without the menu slowdown?
A little more information about your hardware would help alot Smile
(12-18-2011, 01:29 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]A little more information about your hardware would help alot Smile

Should be pretty okay for this.

I've got a Radeon HD 6800, 18 gigs of RAM, an Intel i7 processor at 3.2 GHz; I'm not sure if you need a complete list (or how to get a readable one) but I can run many other games without an issue, so this seems to be specific to Emma's Download.
ohh I'm not worried much if it's powerful enough, but if u need support/help it's the basic question people here ask from eachother, just to give out a bit indepth help Smile
(12-18-2011, 01:49 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]ohh I'm not worried much if it's powerful enough, but if u need support/help it's the basic question people here ask from eachother, just to give out a bit indepth help Smile

Oh, heh. Yeah, it's pretty new, only a few months old.

I suppose I should ask if there are any other graphics plugins I should try, since it only crashes in software mode.
Which version of PCSX2 do u use?? and also make sure that u make an image out of your DVD. It should help a little bit with some issues aswell and the games always run a whole lot better then from disc. Always make sure that u have the latest Stable version of PCSX2.
(12-18-2011, 01:57 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of PCSX2 do u use?? and also make sure that u make an image out of your DVD. It should help a little bit with some issues aswell and the games always run a whole lot better then from disc. Always make sure that u have the latest Stable version of PCSX2.

I have 0.9.8 r4600.

I already ripped the game so I didn't have to keep finding the disc every time, so that's not the issue.
Try it with this version, I can't find the link towards it, but check the attachment.
(12-18-2011, 02:24 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]Try it with this version, I can't find the link towards it, but check the attachment.

Unfortunately it didn't make a difference; it still crashed in Software and ran the menus so slowly that it was almost impossible to use in Hardware. I was using the default graphics plugin, GSdx32-SSE2-r4915.

ZeroGS (which was included) was actually worse, though it did show the migrant gauge successfully. It had errors on all visible letters, though, and also ran very slowly.
with the i7 u can easily run it at SSE4 Smile no need to run on SSE2. SSE2 is nowadays used for AMD CPU's
Pages: 1 2 3 4