..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best Plugins and Settings for some games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Pcsx2 for quite a while now on some different games, and have recently upgraded my pc to run it more smoothly. Though it seems the settings matter almost as much as the hardware/software, so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for the optimal settings for certain games.

The games in question are:
Suikoden 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Persona 4

Problems:
Suikoden 4 suffers a great slowdown with several graphics on display, mainly cutscenes and in game cutscenes (Especially when in the "dream" with the rune of punishment)
DDS crashes frequently and also suffers slowdown.

I have searched several websites for fixes on these games, but not an exact fix. I have tried both default and changed settings yet see little improvement.

My Hardware setup is:
4.00 GB RAM
2TB HardDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (Graphics Card)
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (Processor)

Sofware/Os:
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit operating system)
DirectX 10

I am using the Pcsx2 0.9.8 which I believe is the newest version, correct me if I am wrong.
You can grab the latest SVN builds of PCSX2 here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php The new MTVU hack that uses an extra thread will be good news for your quad core. Suikoden 4 is known to be CPU hungry so 2,4 Ghz won't really cut it...overclocking will be your only solution
DDS crashes should get fixed by checking the EE timing gamefix
(12-19-2011, 10:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You can grab the latest SVN builds of PCSX2 here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php The new MTVU hack that uses an extra thread will be good news for your quad core. Suikoden 4 is known to be CPU hungry so 2,4 Ghz won't really cut it...overclocking will be your only solution
DDS crashes should get fixed by checking the EE timing gamefix

Thanks for the response, will look into overclocking, was told quad would be better then dual, obviously not for this. I will try the EE timing gamefix for DDS as well.

I'm having trouble getting the SVN builds (Not sure what svn stands for), I can save them, but can't run them. Tried downloading the C++ package again, but still nothing.
Do you get any error? If you install the Visual C++ 2010 (x86) runtime package linked there it should be enough to run it.
(12-19-2011, 11:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get any error? If you install the Visual C++ 2010 (x86) runtime package linked there it should be enough to run it.

Well, I already have the package installed, tried repairing and removing/reinstalling, but the 7Z file is still white with no default program, and cannot find the program to run it through.
Oh wait you can't even open the package? You need either 7-zip or WinRAR to open it.
That seems to have sped it up, changed the emulation settings to 5 - Aggressive Plus + MTvu which seems to have overall made the fps 40 - 60 in battles a big improvement. As well as 40+ instead of 20~ in areas where many people are gathered on the same screen. I will ask if anything else goes wrong.

Thank you for the assistance.