..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Castlevania - LOI (NTSC-U) Bug (and workaround)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Bug Report] Castlevania Lament of Innocence [NTSC-U]

# PCSX2 version: r4600 (also tested on r5015)
# CPU options: EE Recompiler, IOP Recompiler, VU0 and VU1 Recompiler, MTGS off. Tested with all speedhacks off, with no change in behavior.
# Plugins Tested: Tested on GSDX r5015 DX11 (HW/SW). Did not test on ZeroGS (I must have deleted it during my last plugin folder cleanup...)
# Description: On part of the Ghostly Theatre level, there is a cutscene with two Ogres that will not work correctly, resulting in the game hanging [player control never resumes]. Setting the EE to Interpreter gets around this issue. Does not seem to be plugin related...

*You can get to this area easily; follow the path until the path split, head left (west), and follow the path the rest of the way.

And silly me, I stupidly made a savestate right AFTER this issue, but its easy enough to reach the area in a new game (5+ minutes or so).

EDIT

As I kinda expected, there seem to be a few spots where this occurs; another example is in the room where you fight the doppleganger in the Dark Palace of Waterfalls. Theres probably more I haven't run into yet. So far, setting the EE Engine to Interpreter is enough to get around the issues...
Any console log messages when the hang occurs? Try checking all sources in the console to catch anything useful for the devs
I encountered this bug on r5732. What helped was setting EE Clamp on Full.

>Any console log messages when the hang occurs?
No particular console output was provided.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved with a workaround since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.