..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is this normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there guys, I dont know if this is normal, but I got some bad fps in the game Hokuto No Ken and some other games with my new PC (which is generally good imo):

PCSX2 Version 0.94
CPU: Intel Core Quad Q6600 4x 2400 GHZ
Graphic: Geforce 9800GTX+
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHZ
Windows Vista SP1 64bit

Hokuto No Ken is only running at 50fps, KoFMI below 30fps Excl and Sengoku Basara X @ 37fps, is that normal or is my PC still too low for those games?

Some of my configs:
[Image: 22123.png]
[Image: 22121.png]
[Image: 2212.png]
check "speed" in speedhack options and try with VU skip in cpu options
(12-22-2008, 07:04 PM)maChiN Wrote: [ -> ]check "speed" in speedhack options and try with VU skip in cpu options

I have no speedhack options.

[Image: 22124.png]

And when using the VU skip or normal skip I only see black, grey and other artifacts => not playable.
download the new PCSX2 Playground v1.0.0395 here: http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php
and try with speedhacks
Do what maChiN said, but just to let you know, pcsx2 has no special functionality with quad cores so it will only make the most out of 2 of the cores.
Yeah, seems like my Quad Core isn't that good because it only has 2x 2.4 GHZ, because of non Quad Core Support. So Dual Cores are better in case of PS2 Emulation (the faster ones). It's really a shame that there is no Quad Core support. Sad

But anyway, thanks for the link and the help! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. At least KoFXI, NGBC and the other SNK games are running at max speed.
You should OC your CPU as PCSX2 only utilizes two cores. So 2.4G quad core is no match to a 3.2G dual core.
(12-23-2008, 03:22 AM)haobiao009 Wrote: [ -> ]You should OC your CPU as PCSX2 only utilizes two cores. So 2.4G quad core is no match to a 3.2G dual core.

Yeah, just as I thought. But I'm not good at OC, because I have no real experience with it. Sad
then you have 3 possible choices:

1. leave it as it is and play with low speeds

2. change your CPU to a faster Dual- or Quadcore with at least 3.0 Ghz

3. learn overclocking by reading the various guides you find on every hardware forum

The cheapest one is of course No. 3, but make sure that you have decent cooling before you start. Don't bother with the stock cooler since especially the Quadcore gets very hot and needs a good cooler.
Uh... The cheapest one is No. 1...
Pages: 1 2