..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark Cloud 2 on pcsx2 help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I downloaded pcsx2 and I tried to play Dark Cloud 2. It was incredibly slow on the standard settings and I was hoping someone could tell me how to tweek the settings in pcsx2 so that it runs faster.
I have
Windows 7. 64 bit
amd athlon™ II X2 250 1.6 Ghz
4 Gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Sorry, your PC said to me he can't do it.
Your CPU is slow...
Your GPU is slow...
Your games FATED to be slow...
I'm not sure any setting will actually make it. Even on minimum setting for GSDX plugin and using massive speedhack. AFAIK, using speedhack isn't really usefull for this game.
I have the game running at probably 3/4 of the speed it should run or roughly 35-45 fps as is so could you humor me please. Besides, there are other games that will work for my cpu so what would be the optimal settings for my pc on pcsx2 to get the most out of the games that will work. thanks in advance.
try the settings i attached, The big black X on there is because you don't have 3+ cores

I believe you can bump EE Cycle rate up to 3 with only minimal audio crackle.

There is an issue however. And that is you cannot have speed hacks on, and you have to set clamping modes to full to get past level 3 (no idea why..)

He is right however.

Also, disable Cool n Quiet in your BIOS, Your stock clock speed should be 3ghz (which might make the game playable)

On my CPU i get zero slow downs with my attached settings.

If you have the know how, OC your CPU.
(01-03-2012, 04:22 AM)redravengod Wrote: [ -> ]I have the game running at probably 3/4 of the speed it should run or roughly 35-45 fps as is so could you humor me please. Besides, there are other games that will work for my cpu so what would be the optimal settings for my pc on pcsx2 to get the most out of the games that will work. thanks in advance.

Oops, Sorry, I thougt 1.6Ghz is your stock speed. if that was 3Ghz, Your CPU can do it. Do what Hellbringer said. Smile

Sadly, it doesn't change the fact that you're having a bottlenect at your GPU. On Video plugin, you're almost likely stuck at native resolution. I'm pretty sure Ati HD 3200 is a low end GPU, or even worse.

If you getting a slowdown, it almost likely due your GPU limited capabilities.
ATI 3200 is one of the better IGPs there is Smile It's old indeed, but it's not that bad Smile