..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Random Slowdowns in Kingdom Hearts 1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently playing KH and having some issues with random slowdowns during cutscenes. It does not always happen but it happens randomly with odd sound glitches. I am running at 4x Native and my system specs are more than enough to run this:

intel i7 950
12GB of ram
GTX 460 graphics card

I am also recording using fraps, the game runs at a solid 60 fps the majority of the time but sometimes during a cutscene the game will drop to about 30 fps and the voices and sound will slow down so that they sound robotic.

Is this something I will just have to deal with? or is there a way to fix it.

No speedhacks or game fixes are enabled.

Here are my settings in GSdx 4600 and SPU2 r4779 2.0.0

[Image: 73370009.png]

Let me know if I am missing any information. Thanks!
you running from an ISO?
dump to iso.
I am running on an iso
Same Thing here, reproducable Slowdowns at specific Cutscenes in KH1 (For Example @ the Island when Cutscene Camera shows the sinking Sun) with running an Iso...
you maybe set power plan to "power saver" change it to "high performance"
Tallblender, my control panel setting was set to Balanced and I changed it to high performance, I also changed over to DX11 rather than DX9 in GSDx, I will post back if the problem continues.

One great example is when you are leaving the island, when the hidden door opens and kairi goes flying through Sora, there is a major slowdown and choppiness there.

You could fix the sound issue by changing it from time stretched to asynch instead so that the sound doesnt go all crazy on you. I run KH2FM+ just fine on m slow Intel pentium dual core e2180 set at 2.3ghz with a number of speedhacks enabled.
My guess is power saving features of your motherboard/processor kick in because they don't detect enough load on the CPU, changing your multiplier to something small...it should be fixed in high performance mode.
Nope, what you mean is Cool´n´Quiet @ AMD and this is disabled at my Computer for Overclockign Reasons. All Power Saving-Features are Disabled and Windows runs @ High Performance Settings. Slowdowns are reproducable at Cutscenes @ the Island when Cutscene Cam looks into the sinking Sun, until Alice Level no new Slowdowns recorded yet....
Pages: 1 2