..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Particular settings needed for 2D fighters..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering.. because all the ones i have tried run fine, but are extremely pixellated/low res & heavily aliased regardless of the internal resolution etc i have tried, is there any way to fix this..?

Currently using 0.9.8

GSdx9
Direct3D9 (hardware)
Blend tff
4x Native resolution
Texture filtering
Alpha Correction

Thanks.
2D fighters with 2D graphics use pre-drawn sprites of a particular resolution. Since there's no polygon rendering going on, there's nothing render at a higher resolution. The most you'll be able to manage is better filtering, maybe.
(01-15-2012, 11:20 PM)natt Wrote: [ -> ]2D fighters with 2D graphics use pre-drawn sprites of a particular resolution. Since there's no polygon rendering going on, there's nothing render at a higher resolution. The most you'll be able to manage is better filtering, maybe.

OK, thanks for the reply.. seems a crying shame that nothing can be done about this as there are plenty of handsome sprite based games on PS2 that would surely look stunning if a solution could be found.. but c'est la vie, back to playing them on my old PS2/CRT then.

what does c'est la vie mean, bro?
"That's life" Tongue