..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: VP2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why does it re-size the screen/navigation/character when you walk from side to side? I'm not even talking about the random red rectangle. o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqCLozjF...e=youtu.be
known bug.
software mode will remove it.
This one in particular comes from custom upscaling.
Select x2 or x3 scaling to get rid of it (won't do anything to the red fog).
This is why I was looking for you on IRC the other day, thanks for the tip Tongue I started playing VP2 XD
You're welcome. Record some HD vids of the nicer locations while you're at it Wink
I'll try but I highly doubt I'll be able to record anything worthwhile, the game is crawling with gfx bugs :/
(02-07-2012, 12:54 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]This one in particular comes from custom upscaling.
Select x2 or x3 scaling to get rid of it (won't do anything to the red fog).
Ah, I see. That seems to have fixed it, but at the cost of rectangle lines. Tongue

Out of curiosity, when (if ever) will the red artifacts be fixed? I know software mode might be considerably more accurate with less bugs floating around, but it's also a lot more blurry in comparison to hw mode. I'd really like to play the whole game in hw mode because it's a lot prettier. Blush
It won't get fixed before new graphic features allow better GPU programmability.

Bosit:
What else is wrong? If found most of the game pretty much enjoyable, even with
the occasional blending problem (mostly in cutscenes).
That's very unfortunate. Would it be possible to have the CPU handle code which can't be properly emulated in hw mode? I know some games such as The Sims has something like that in order to maintain backwards compatibility with older graphic cards.
there is a hack for gsdx that can fix the red fog, but you need to modify & compile it yourself, I suggest just using it for the one scene the changing back to normal gsdx since a lot of other problems can arise from it (esp in other games)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...#pid112297

if you get weird looking vertical lines you can enable the 'alpha hack' in gsdx
Pages: 1 2