..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Will this work for PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just recently downloaded PCSX2 and wanted to know if my computer can handle it and if not what are some parts I can get to upgrade my computer to be able to handle it.

CPU: AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4600+ 2.4ghz
RAM: 5 GB (3.00 usable)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7300/7200 GS 256mb
PSU: 250 watt

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place Unsure
Thank you for the help regardless! Biggrin
LINUX != Window 7 Wink
(02-16-2012, 08:44 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]LINUX != Window 7 Wink

How you doing? Cool
GeForce 7300 probably had PS 2.0 already, soo it should run, but the speed will be awfull, to save your own nerves, don't try. Both your cpu and gpu are too old and weak for pcsx2. Unless you wish to play some 2D tactic games, but probably even them will not reach playable speeds.
(02-16-2012, 08:48 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]GeForce 7300 probably had PS 2.0 already, soo it should run, but the speed will be awfull, to save your own nerves, don't try. Both your cpu and gpu are too old and weak for pcsx2. Unless you wish to play some 2D tactic games, but probably even them will not reach playable speeds.

Yea, I noticed when playing my PS2 games on my computer :/ Can you please recommend me some upgrades so my computer can run the games at a good speed? I don't use my sound during gameplay and I put it on pretty crappy quality to make sure my games run at a real good fps.
It depends entirely on how much money you are willing to spend and what parts you are planning on changing
(02-16-2012, 09:00 PM)FinalSquall Wrote: [ -> ]It depends entirely on how much money you are willing to spend and what parts you are planning on changing

Oh, okay! About 100$ to 500$ among that price range. I'm a noob at upgrading my system too. But, i'm willing to learn and pay for the parts I need. Such as new better video card, CPU, motherboard and power supply.
Well your main bottleneck is your GPU, you should change it to a GTX 460 or HD Radeon 67xx or 68xx (this is for paticularly good graphics performance) you can get away with a much weaker card I was able to play most games at 1440 by 900 on my 9600GSO. But that would most probably require a new PSU. But having done that you would be severely limited by your CPU, so to be honest for $500 it will be difficult to upgrade your PC to a fully prepared pcsx2 system. Maybe you could cheap a bit on the GPU and get a new mobo with a core i3 or i5 at a stretch
(02-16-2012, 09:17 PM)FinalSquall Wrote: [ -> ]Well your main bottleneck is your GPU, you should change it to a GTX 460 or HD Radeon 67xx or 68xx (this is for paticularly good graphics performance) you can get away with a much weaker card. But that would most probably require a new PSU. But having done that you would be severely limited by your CPU, so to be honest for $500 it will be difficult to upgrade your PC to a fully prepared pcsx2 system

Ahh, okay. Guess i'll just wait it out a bit. I was thinking of investing in a gaming computer anyway. I'll probably end up purchasing one from online or nearby. Thank you so much anyway man!
Yea if you can save for a nice proper gaming rig by waiting it out a bit it is worth it! (altho I always recommend to learn how and build it, you get so much more for your money =P)
Pages: 1 2