..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Ar Tonelico 2 Consistent Freeze [NTSC-U]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# PCSX2 version: Official v0.9.8 release, svn r5103
# CPU options: Default
# Plugins used: GSdx (hardware and software, dx10), spu2-x, ZeroSPU
# Description: Consistent freeze on the start of each battle after certain point in the game, memory card attached for test case.

Additional info :
- Playing with image ripped from my own disc and have no patch applied, crc match the known one so I doubt it's the iso fault. Also I've beaten the game once using the same disc with pcsx2 before.
- Speedhack doesn't seems to affect the crash as I tried with and without it.
- Tried playing around with round and clamp mode on both of ee and vu, no dice.
- Tried using svu and mvu.
- Tried playing around with SPU2-X option and using zerospu.
- Tried some gamefixes like the ee timing hack and oph flag hack, also no dice.
- I have attached the memory card for the point in the game where I got this crash, load the second save and go to enna palace ruin, wait for random battle and doesn't matter whether you pick any song or pick song at all at the start, the game will freeze.

I wonder if this is yet another undiscovered bug of this infamous bug-ridden game?

Memory Card link http://www.mediafire.com/?vh4b3wirk3ci76w
Wut? I have never reached a freeze point yet on this game, and I've flooded it with hacks and whatnots. =S

General settings are just at preset 3, SPU2X is default but on async mode and Pokopom for input. So dunno, I'll check your memcard now anyways. =D
Yeah this bug is puzzling me, either I've done something wrong with the game (or a combination of unfortunate bug-triggering act) or something else.

When I beat the game some years ago, I never got any bug or freeze, not even the famous Raki one. Sad

I appreciate the testing XD
Tested the save.... and what happend? I won the battles! That's what happend. =D
So at least it ain't a bug carried from your playthrough though.
So it's most likely the image? strange, even though the crc match... Blink

Guess this can be moved out of bug report section then.
Reripped the game, and it was indeed a bad rip as it work okay now, guess you could not truly rely on reported crc for image consistency. :/

How do I ask the mod to close this thread?
I used the one on pcsx2 crc, but it doesn't seem to check the whole image file.

Thanks for that redump site, didn't know site like that exist, would surely come in handy Smile. Yap, my image's good now.
PCSX2 only does a simple check on the PS2 elf (executable format), not the game data. It's not even real crcTongue2
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.