..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is it possible to run all PS2 titles successfully from their original CDs in PSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I was wondering whether is it possible to run all PS2 titles successfully from their original CDs in PSX2, I'm just curious that's all.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim
eu tenho seu emulador mais não conciso fazer roda o cd, gostaria de saber o que que eu faço..
Most games will work well. It's better to create an iso image of your games though, less problems.
(02-26-2012, 01:32 PM)RocknRollTim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I was wondering whether is it possible to run all PS2 titles successfully from their original CDs in PSX2, I'm just curious that's all.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

if you run it directly w/ your original disk it will work.
Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm trying to get Medal Of Honour Frontline to work with PSX2 using the CD but so far had no luck in doing so, I've tried cleaning the CD to see whether it was that and it wasn't, and thought that it might be the scratches on the shiny side, which in the end I made an iso and the game was able to run successfully, I wasn't sure whether there was anything else in order to get the game to work successfully such as plugins, parameters etc.

Thanks,

RocknRollTim

P.S. Does anyone know what luis fernando is trying to ask? I've used Bing Translator to translate what he is trying to ask and still can't understand what he is asking using the translator.
does it disc ran correctly on your actual PS2? otherwise your disc is unreadable due to scractches.
Still it is recommended to make images out of your discs Tim. This will make some games work even better/faster.
@tallbender I used to have a PS2 and sold it for a PS3 which isn't PS2 compatible, and can only it play using PS2 emulators such as PSX2 without spending money on a slimline PS2, I'm going to ask my brother to see whether I can borrow one of his PS2 games to see whether it runs okay using PSX2, and to let you know. If not, I can always burn the iso on to a new DVD and to see whether that works.

@StriFe79 I definitely agree with you there and will consider this option if I have continous problems with playing PS2 games via CD using PSX2, I just wanted to know whether there were anymore options before concluding it's the disc.

@Tyestor Thank you for your response, I'll also consider your advice when troubleshooting.

@luis fernando Please could you rephrase what you are saying, it's just none of us understand and could do with understanding your situation, thanks.

well if u're gonna make images out of them, make sure that u use IMGBurn Smile it's one of the best programs for it Smile
(02-26-2012, 01:34 PM)luis fernando Wrote: [ -> ]eu tenho seu emulador mais não conciso fazer roda o cd, gostaria de saber o que que eu faço..

[10:21] gigaherz: I have the emulator but I can't manage to run the cd, I don't know what I have to do
Pages: 1 2