..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS2 memory map question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

First I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it seemed like the best section, but if it is not, please move my thread to where it belongs.

Recently I came over a copy of the official SDK for PS2 and I thought it could be fun to program for it. However, it is incomplete, most things missing are not important (like the CD/DVD generators) but I am also missing parts of the documentation, specially on the PS2 memory map, the information I found online was scarce at best, so I tried to learn it from the PCSX2 source code but I was never really good at reading code I didn't write myself. If I could get some help with this part it would be great.

Thank you in advance.

-Todd.
This may be something relevant. It's brief, but could be of use.

Also from what I understand, the PS2 Linux Kit (if you could find one) provided documentation from Sony on the EE and GS.
You need to talk to Rama or Refraction, they would defiantly know
(03-01-2012, 05:00 AM)patrickdinh Wrote: [ -> ]This may be something relevant. It's brief, but could be of use.

Also from what I understand, the PS2 Linux Kit (if you could find one) provided documentation from Sony on the EE and GS.
Many thank you for this document, but I had already found it. I would like to get a much more detailed map. Like what memory is used for what, this is not clear for all address ranges in that document. What I would also like to know is if memory is pageable, and if it is, if it can be prevented/forced by using certain registers.