..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [HUGE FPS DROPS]Crash Of The Titans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep.. Crash Of The Titans again...anyway. there are some levels which contain ice...and I guess that my pc HATES ice! what do I mean is that when there is ice in a game level fps drops from 55-60 to 17-20..making it unplayable...I do however have the feeling(im most certainely sure that my pc sucks)that my pc is causing this problem!

Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core Inside E5200 2.50Ghz
GPU: ATI EAH5450 1GB
RAM: 2048MB
and one more thing...when this kag happens..my CPU usage is only 17-21%.. o_O

Edit: when I was playing the game at the local net club my game was running in that point at full speed!
Your settings are already all the way for maximum speed, nothing you can do but overclock or get a faster PC...maybe you could try some older GSdx in case it handles these areas better (but I doubt it)
ok thanks for your feedback! Smile
Id say your GPU was holding you back, looking at the numbers your GPU or drivers are holding things back...
It is a pretty weak GPU.
Many games would see speed issues from it,
even using native internal res.
as for drivers I have AMD catalyst control center,which is up to date..and one final thing I didnt mention...my GPU was originally at 650 mhz(CoreClock)and I have overclocked it up to 710..
and as about memory clock...from 400 overclocked to 420Mhz..didnt mention these settings..and one final thing...while playing pcsx2..my temperatures where between 40 to 45...which is not that hot..right?
Those temps are totally cool for a GPU.

Overclocking is nice, and is always a little extra help,
but it is also relative to what you start with, too.
Usually, a GPU overclock is as much as 10-30%.

If you GPU is, say, worth 100 points.
The most you can hope for from OC is 130 points.
Meanwhile, PCSX2 calls for 200+ points.
DO NOT try OCing 100%, though.

Overclocking is great,
but it can never match what better physical hardware provides.
so shall I overclock just a little bit more? just a question
I'm basically saying, it most likely will not get you as far as you need.

You just can't tweak a peddle bike to go as fast as a Ferrari...

(Please don't hesitate to ask questions. Smile)
its ok..I understand Smile
*goes to underlock a little a bit..as he overlocked it up to 750mhz from 710 o_O*
Pages: 1 2