..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSDX Direct3D 10 Mode crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I tried out the emulator, and I was really impressed with it, but I have a problem. I tried the GSDX (SSE4.1) Direct3d 10 mode (hardware), but it simply crashes with an error message. The Direct3d 9 mode works well. Can it be simply a driver problem?
My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz (45nm Penryn, SSE4.1)
nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB GDDR3 RAM (DX10), driver: Forceware 180.48 (11/19/2008)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (build 6001) 32bit (x86)
2GB DDR2 RAM

ps: i only tried to execute the bios with the cddvdnull driver. (version USA 1.60)
What is the error message?

First time I used DX10 in GSdx it asked me for an update so maybe this is also your problem. Also try the SSSE3 version of GSdx, the difference is very little and on your system it doesn't speed up much to use SSE4.
It's a regular Windows Vista error message like "pcsx2.exe has stopped working" (both VM and TLB) etc. I also tried sse2 and ssse3 modes even with software emulation. It crashes with the same message. Strangely, the error says there's a problem with kernel32.dll.
what about ZeroGS?

Still try to update DX if possible.
Thank you I downloaded a DirectX update and it works now!
Could you please help me? I have the exact same problem as you did. I can only play in Direct3D 9, and when I goto start, run, dxdiag. It shows I have DirectX 11 (which i think is the latest one), im also windows 7.

Can you please tell me the directX update you got? and a link as to where?

I have an AMD Athlon TM II X2 235e Processor (2 CPUs) ~2.7GHz
and my graphics card is a Geforce 6150SE nForce 430.

Can you please help me to be able to use Direct 3D 10 on PCSX2 Please?

Thanks,
Eternal
that graphics card doesnt support directx 10 so even if your os does if the card doesnt then you cant use it, that card is ancient also and i dont really think you can get playable speeds in any 3d game at all
(09-09-2010, 03:15 AM)Eternal1337 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the exact same problem as you did. I can only play in Direct3D 9, and when I goto start, run, dxdiag. It shows I have DirectX 11 (which i think is the latest one), im also windows 7.

Not the exact same problem, your card doesn't support anything higher than DirectX9 so you can't use any higher... it's that simple.

You need a new graphics card compatible with DX10/11 and I'd suggest nothing lower than a Geforce 9600GT or ATI 5670 if you want to use DX10/11 in PCSX2.
Yep I'm not even sure if your card supports Pixel Shader 3.0 anyways upgrade Graphics Card
alright thanks a lot guys, guess I gotta go buy a new graphics card lol..