..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [HELP]Problem with Games (LAG)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,I have tried so many emulators which were not working.I finally found something that worked.Pcxs2 0.9.6..Everything works great.Controller,configuration etc..I have 1 problem:
I tried to play metal gear solid 2..in the first videos seemed to be ok.but,when i started playing,it was VERY laggy..I thought that is was a problem of the game..I tried to play god of war 2 and i had the same problem too..Please do something to help me..

My Computer specs:
cpu: AMD fx™-6100 six core processor
RAM: 8gb ddr3
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 450 (1gb)
Hard Disc: 1TB
Windows 7 64bit

Thank you in advance..
Sorry but we do not support 0.9.6, only the latest 0.9.8 release so use that and try again. Also be aware that even if you have a new AMD FX processor I am sorry to tell you that it performs really badly on PCSX2, due to the very low IPC (instructions per cycle, meaning how much 'work' it can do in 1 Hz). The new amd processors have lower IPC than the old Phenom II generation, meaning for example an FX at 2,5 Ghz will be slower than a Phenom 2 at 2,5 Ghz.