..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: i thought hi-reso will encounter lines???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i making a new thread rather than hi-jacking this thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-tekken-5-lines

as for my subject
i don't get it i thought high-Gsdx-resolution
will cause a vertical lines? will appear
or i'm a having a advanced mistake.
such as Tekken tag its my opportunity to check it out since i haved that legit game along w/ my real PS2

My Observations:
1024x1024 the default it has lines.
2000x2000 the picture is pretty good as gold but has lines
1200x1200 Bositman's recipe of removing tekken lines.
It's just about how certain things scale, some things scale well, some don't. If they don't then you can multiply whatever the original aspect ratio is to hopefully get a higher res version that looks good.
Indeed, it's spacing out the original pixels in the new larger format, of course if you take a 640x480 picture and make it 1280*960, each pixel is going to be 2x2 now (for textures and stuff), but sometimes you cant scale it like that..
Namco games are notorious for having hard time getting along with scaling.
However you can get better graphic by setting custom res like 1200 x 3600 if you graphic card can handle that, 1260 x 3600 works too if i remember right.
All Namco games have this issue, none other (haven't encountered any others anyway). As I said in the other thread 720x1280 and 1080x1920 also work, not only 1200x1200
i see btw thanks again.
and as for the 1200x3600,1260x3600 yes my card can handle it.

now to work on my framerate:
54.60fps on selected stages(Snowfield[little snow/stormy snow],Mayan Temple,Tekken Bowl)but my EE% is at it's peak(100%) i knew my rig is at the limit?
54.6? be happy.. damn close to 100% in HD