..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(06-10-2014, 12:53 AM)tyser Wrote: [ -> ]i definitely launched it as SUDO, also pardon my ignorance but i'm not 100% sure what SL is so i'm not sure if i can run it fine. I have downloaded pcsx2 for mac a few times, all were 0.9.6. i would imagine if i dl pcsx2 again i can just overwrite the existing app in the applications folder, would you recommend i uninstall and/or just reinstall anything else mentioned in the tutorial?

I'd recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling everything required by the tutorial, and SL usually means Snow Leopard, since we're talking about Mac OS Smile
okay, so: i don't know how to uninstall the nvidia frameworks, but i did notice i'd previously installed ver 3.0, and found a more recent version in 3.1 so installed it. used appzapper to remove pcsx2, redownloaded and installed the pcsx2SL pkg. i proceeded to complete the first part of the tutorial, and again it launched for .1 seconds in the dock then disappeared. when continuing with the second part of the tutorial, i noticed batchmod wouldn't let me apply to enclosed, so i applied the settings without that option. still the same thing when trying to open pcsx2. i then opened batchmod again and then the option to apply to enclosed was no longer greyed out, so checked it and tried again: same result (i selected my primary username, not "root", correct?) i can't believe how frustrating this is, but i appreciate your willingness to help and don't expect you to know what the hell my problem is Smile
(06-10-2014, 03:14 AM)tyser Wrote: [ -> ]okay, so: i don't know how to uninstall the nvidia frameworks, but i did notice i'd previously installed ver 3.0, and found a more recent version in 3.1 so installed it. used appzapper to remove pcsx2, redownloaded and installed the pcsx2SL pkg. i proceeded to complete the first part of the tutorial, and again it launched for .1 seconds in the dock then disappeared. when continuing with the second part of the tutorial, i noticed batchmod wouldn't let me apply to enclosed, so i applied the settings without that option. still the same thing when trying to open pcsx2. i then opened batchmod again and then the option to apply to enclosed was no longer greyed out, so checked it and tried again: same result (i selected my primary username, not "root", correct?) i can't believe how frustrating this is, but i appreciate your willingness to help and don't expect you to know what the hell my problem is Smile

If you do have Teamviewer or something of the sort, I'd be willing to take a closer look at it. Try selecting root instead of your username next time with batchmod Smile
still no dice. i give up man, thanks for your help though, kaze
Just to make sure, you DID use the Leopard version of PCSX2?
I followed both guides and they seemed to conclude successfully. I installed the libraries package, but whenever I try to open pcsx2 it gives me the following message in terminal:

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg
Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

[Process completed]

Can someone help me out? I'm dying to see this thing work with my own eyes… :'(
Yes, I can Smile
Just refer to the very first line written in the first post in this topic.
Kaze Wrote:There is a FAQ section below, please check it before asking Smile

So yeah.

Also:
Kaze Wrote:Q:
(08-04-2013, 11:50 PM)Zemmi Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I'm new to PCSX2. It wasn't working at all for me before these fixes but I'm still running into a problem. I can open PCSX2 by clicking on it but it doesn't really open. It is sitting in my doc and even shows up in the menu bar when I click on it but the actual application does not show up. When I launch it, this is what shows up in X11:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 2890 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2

Any clue what I might have done wrong or how to fix it? Thank's for all the help so far!

A:
BPT trap errors are usually caused by you missing some of the requirements, CG Toolkit, PortAudio(where applicable), etc etc...
Ok, I, like a lot of new people, have a problem. I had this problem a few days ago as well, and I just redownloaded pcsx2 0.9.7 alpha(as well as CG toolkit) and it's still occuring. When I double click pcsx2.app in applications, it comes up with this in Terminal.

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pcsx2/lib/libwx_baseu-2.8.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

[Process completed]

Could someone help me out with this?
Why not try the PCSX2-CE version stickied in this forum? It works better for most.
Hey Kaze!!

Thanks for the tutorial!!
But I'm having some error messages on X11 and everytime it shuts my PCSX2 just by starting the game.

It reports the following message:

# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios Complete
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1
Loading from a CD rom or CD image
loadElfFile: 356404
addr 155c8 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
addr 15d30 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
addr 21798 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
addr 90700 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1; CRC = 01B2FA7F
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Offset 0xea0a40d0 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 11166 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

Can you help me to solve it?

Thanks!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31