..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 0.1.16 asking to update libraries on Win8 CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
When ever I try to configure PCSX2, a GSdx error comes up asking me to update my libraries. When I click Ok, it redirects me to the DX9.0c page. Remembering NFSU2 had DX9.0c installer, I popped the CD and tried the installer but as expected, Win 8 does not support the installer.

Any idea to fix this? I'm using GSdx 4600 0.1.16 SSE2 driver. PCSX2 is 0.9.8

Edit: I've downloaded d3dx9_43.dll (PCSX2 Program Log was looking for it. Placed it in system32)
I don't get it.
pcsx2 took you to directx download page and instead of downloading latest directx, you said "well, I'll take an old one from my NFSU2 CD" ?
that doesn't make sense ...
Never had an experience with windows 8 though. Just downloading that DLL Won't work. You need to update the Whole DirectX Package. First Download what GSDX is telling to. Then Download this one :- DirectX Redistributable and install it.
Quote:I don't get it.
pcsx2 took you to directx download page and instead of downloading latest directx, you said "well, I'll take an old one from my NFSU2 CD" ?
that doesn't make sense ...

My NFSU2 (Need For Speed Underground 2) had a DX9.0c installer in it.

Quote:Never had an experience with windows 8 though. Just downloading that DLL Won't work. You need to update the Whole DirectX Package. First Download what GSDX is telling to. Then Download this one :- DirectX Redistributable and install it.

thanks guys, i downloaded the package. It works now!! Thanks!!
(05-04-2012, 03:25 PM)LAazsx Wrote: [ -> ]My NFSU2 (Need For Speed Underground 2) had a DX9.0c installer in it.

thanks guys, i downloaded the package. It works now!! Thanks!!

Oh, I get it.
you're one of those who think DX9 , DX10, & DX11 are all separate packages...
Well you learnt something Wink
For some unfathomable reason again MS does not include the latest DX runtime on their latest greatest OS. Mystifying.
What Greatest OS?? Are you talking about windows 8. Well, Personally I don't think Windows is greatest all the time. It has got far more errors than benefits. Tongue2