..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GTA Liberty City Stories: FPS drop with particle effects eg. tire smoke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GTA Liberty City Stories runs fine at a stable 30fps on my computer, until there is an accumulation of particle effects, for example when doing a burn-out that creates a lot of tiresmoke, the frames will drop for a second to about 15-20fps. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.9 SVN build 5197 (may 4th 2012), however it's done the same on 0.9.8.
My computer is quite powerful and runs LCS at a perfect 30 fps all the time, except with the particles.

My specs are:

Intel Core i5-750 quad OC to 3.6GHz
4GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

I'm using a legal, purchased version of LCS, which I copied to ISO, from which I run it off (purely for faster loading, I'm not a pirate or anythingTongue)

My current settings I'm using are:
SPEEDHACKS - EE Cyclerate (2)
VU Cycle Stealing (0)
INTC Spin Detection (Enabled)
mVU Flag Hack (Enabled)
MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1) (Enabled)
NO GAME FIXES
VIDEO (GSdx 5191 SSE 4.1) - Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing (Auto)
4x Native Scaling (4x 1600x900)
Texture filtering (Half-checked)
Allow 8-bit textures (Enabled)
CONTROLS (LilyPad 5112 0.11.0) - Set up for Keyboard and Mouse till I get my Xbox controller

AUDIO (SPU2-X 5172 2.0.0) - Interpolation (4 Catmull-Rom)
De-Alias filter (Enabled)
Module (XAudio 2)
Latency (120ms)
Synchronizing Mode (Async Mix)
Firstly, with that kind of raw CPU speed, I can't see why you'd need EE speedhacks. Try turning them off, for a start.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-What-does...extures-do

You've enabled 8 bit textures. That apparently helps VCS, probably because game was PSP originally.