..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ffx very slow on laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes im sorry, yet another ffx post.
I don't have too much hope but will appreciate any help I can get.

I have a DELL laptop (yes I know that for some reason laptops aren't friendly with pcsx2 or vice versa) and im running pcsx2 0.9.8.
FFX is running too slow on it (lowest I got was about 15 fps...)

I know u usually ask for the specs of the system so I hope this is what youre need since im not that good at computers.
my computer -> properties , shows me this

Intel ® core™ i3 CPU M350 @ 2.27 GHZ
ram - 2GB

What's the best configuration u can advise and do u think there is a good chance to run it at all?

Thx alot
what is your GPU ?
did you set windows power plan to performance mode ?
Download the most recent build and enable speedhacks and what not. http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Emulation settings > Speed Hacks > Enable MTVU.
Set the resolution to native in the video plugin settings, and try messing around with cycle stealing though I doubt that will do anything.
(05-28-2012, 12:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what is your GPU ?
did you set windows power plan to performance mode ?

Device manager just says "Intel Graphics HD".
I put windows 7 on high performance after u said it...and the best I got was about 30 fps.
your bottleneck is your GPU here.
that intel HD crap will hold you back whatever you try.

you'll have to stick with native res, but even this won't guarantee you playable speeds.
sorry... Better keep playing on your PS2 until you can upgrade...
felisimo Wrote:Device manager just says "Intel Graphics HD".
I put windows 7 on high performance after u said it...and the best I got was about 30 fps.

PCSX2 doesn't like laptops simply because laptops happen to have less powerful hardware. Ones like mine can use it well, but mine is a quite a large and heavy laptop (8lbs) which has hardware that your more average laptop buyer won't bother buying. This thing costed some $5k back when I bought it (I probably should have just bought some parts from NewEgg and built my own or something because it would have been cheaper, but I wasn't confident about making a laptop specifically, and wanted overclocking which I'd have to learn about in order to do. Plus Origin gave me cheap 3-year warranty so...well, whatever, it didn't really cost ME anything since I'm just a spoiled 18 year old who gets given nice things for doing well in school alone, so I guess what do I care, I got a cool computer for practically nothing).

"Intel Graphics HD" sounds like onboard crap for when you have no real GPU. Basically, you pretty much have no GPU... either get a GPU or, better yet, upgrade your entire system. That thing looks like it's nearly a netbook (small notebook computer built for only doing basic tasks and being cheap) and netbooks don't have the hardware to run PCSX2, period (or at least, not yet).
Kind of harsh guys Smile But thanks...I got the picture. I didn't really understand what Intel graphics HD is myself. Meaning...did it come with the laptop or what. Regular computers have their own slots for sound/video cards ect..And obviously this isnt the case with portable ones right? Im just asking for general knowledge.
(05-28-2012, 03:17 PM)felisimo Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of harsh guys Smile But thanks...I got the picture. I didn't really understand what Intel graphics HD is myself. Meaning...did it come with the laptop or what. Regular computers have their own slots for sound/video cards ect..And obviously this isnt the case with portable ones right? Im just asking for general knowledge.

Intel HD graphics is a base-set DirectX rendering chipset. it has basic functionality and little more.
(05-28-2012, 03:24 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]Intel HD graphics is a base-set DirectX rendering chipset. it has basic functionality and little more.

Yeah, what he said.

I think current computers often have these kinds of things inside of chipsets/motherboards, but if you have a real GPU then it isn't enabled.

Didn't mean to be harsh man, it's just the way it is.
The 350M & HD Graphics is capable of playing FFX at 50 - 60 FPS, drops down to 40 FPS in battle at native res. If you are unable to achieve the above mentioned speed, your settings must have been wrong.

I do not remember how the FPS drops in the Highroad or when summoning Shiva though.
Pages: 1 2