..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Newbie here "system.cng not found"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i could not find any info on google or on this site about this error, so i came to write here. im useing a legit copy of metal gear solid 3: snake eater and my plugins are: gsdx sse2 1.9 my computer is sse, sse2, sse3 so it's compatible, im using linusappz iso cdvd 0.6.0 and the path is correct.

my bios is USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console i don't know what else to do!, and i made my own iso and it DOES have the system.cng file so thats why im lost... can sombody tell me what i should do about this error? it's probably something simple im not doing.
(01-03-2009, 01:00 AM)kojipro Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i could not find any info on google or on this site about this error, so i came to write here. im useing a legit copy of metal gear solid 3: snake eater and my plugins are: gsdx sse2 1.9 my computer is sse, sse2, sse3 so it's compatible, im using linusappz iso cdvd 0.6.0 and the path is correct.

my bios is USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console i don't know what else to do!, and i made my own iso and it DOES have the system.cng file so thats why im lost... can sombody tell me what i should do about this error? it's probably something simple im not doing.

Today is the first time I used this emulator and I was having the same problem as you earlier. A google search yielded some results but weren't of any help so I just tinkered with the settings a bit until I got it working.

Funny thing is, I'm using the same CDVDROM setting as you are right now (after experimenting with the settings I deduced that it was the one causing the problem). The other choices all would not work.

Couple of things: are you sure it's looking for system.cng and not system.cnf? (mine was looking for system.cnf). Also, which version of the emulator are you currently using? (I'm currently using the playground version).
the target file (system.cnf) is invalid if you're trying to run the game via DVD-drive use the EFP polling plug-in
for more details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJ-wiFN6wA
see 0:24