..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: "Shadow of Destiny" - freez/hang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first 30 % of the game run good, some framerate-problems in cut-scenes with many people and speech out of sync some times.

But the game freezes/hang when trying to start chapter 4 (freezes in the loading screen). The sound tries to start (you can hear the rain) but the screen is frozen.

Tried several settings and tried out every new revision that comes.

Btw.: SoD ist one of my fav PS2-games. It reminds me a little bit of "Shenmue". Would be great, if it becomes fully playable some day.

Btw: the build-in software-emulator in the Pal-60GB-PS3 had the same problem.
If you want it corrected, the good things would be to follow the template to make a proper bug report, and attach emulog.txt as well as a gsdump if needed...
I'm pretty sure if Sony's own tech can't run it then the blame can't be directed at any bug in the PCSX2 emulator...

My point is that it isn't a bug, as Jesavlin said. PCSX2 is running just fine, but the game has some expected compatibility issues.
Im wouldnt be so sure.
What Sony developed for the ps3 is a PS2 emu, not more, not less.
And we all know it's far from being perfect...

To make it clear : Sony failing with its own emu doesnt mean pcsx2 team cannot do better.
jesalvin Wrote:Sony failing with its own emu doesnt mean pcsx2 team cannot do better.

Of course. I'm pretty sure Sony didn't put in near as much effort into their emulator, and PCSX2 is already much better in my honest opinion (yeah, it can play old games in high def, take that - even though I'm pretty sure that PS2 can't run games high def is because of the PS3's hardware and they want to make the games as compatible as possible). Still, if it fails on Sony's stuff then it can't be considered a "bug" on our end. In fact, when it comes to an emulator, what can be considered a bug? We don't consider games not playing fully correct to really be bugs, but expected anomalies, correct? So would a bug only be things directly concerning the PCSX2 program itself and not how the games play?
that's it.
if a game runs on a PS2, but not on pcsx2 (in software mode, of course), it's worth reporting it as a bug
In that case, your opinion butts heads with the one of someone else here. I got told that it should be expected and isn't worth a bug report. But that did bring the question to mind "What is considered a bug then?".

I suppose I shouldn't take what average users say too strongly as some of them don't know what they're talking about.

Anyway, I don't have Shadow of Destiny so I think someone that does should test this and see if it's an incompatibility issue on PCSX2 or just his system / settings. His hardware doesn't look bad, he mentioned it not working on PS3, and he said he tried many settings, so I'd think it's worth a test.
(06-03-2012, 11:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]not a valid bug report. Moved to general discussion.
If you want it corrected, the good things would be to follow the template to make a proper bug report, and attach emulog.txt as well as a gsdump if needed...

Sorry, i didnt know that Blush ... i`ll try it the way you described (although it seems very complicated).

Btw: ive played in in Software-mode too, with the same result. And its the NTSC-Version. I own the Pal-Version too, but in the moment i have no lust to play it all again until chap 4 Happy

(06-03-2012, 01:01 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: [ -> ]His hardware doesn't look bad, he mentioned it not working on PS3, and he said he tried many settings, so I'd think it's worth a test.

Yep, its definetly worth a try, cause its an outstanding game Happy
Huurrraayyyy Laugh

Ive tried "Shadow of Destiny" every month with the newest revision and finally the freeze/hang has been fixed.

Ive always kept the memory-card-save-file for testing it.

Thank you so much for making my favourite game playable.
yay! We can now do something the PS3 can't do! lol

Glad it's working for you now Smile
Pages: 1 2