..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low fps..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i fix the low fps?It's somekind of 2-10 in game.. my pc is
AMD Turion 64X2 Ultra 2.3Ghz
4gb ram
ATI Radeon 512 mb graphic card
thanks for the unbelievable fast support...if i cant run the emu on my machine(which is not bad at all)..who the hell can?i've seen some videos of people who play MK Armageddon with 60 fps on lower configuration..
can you help me..please! Sad
Read and follow the instruction in the various guides.
But iirc that game runs very slow on any machine, and yours isn't so good for pcsx2 (CPU is way too slow).
Yeah, sure, lower specs... sounds fake, or simply custom VM Skip.

AMDs are especially slow for PCSX2. It's recommended to use a C2D at least @ 3 ghz. More is better. Quads work too, but only 2 cores will be used.
Yeah, often someone told C2D was better than AMD x2 event with same clock, but i am curios about performance with Pcsx2. Please someone who had both those CPU can compare them in same clock in new thread plz, especially with Intel E2xxx and AMD 5xxx overclock to 3ghz. Pcsx2 with same setting and plugins.
There's no need. If that game runs that slow, you won't get it acceptable in a AMD. And I don't think an e2xxx has that much over that AMD, if any, but you shouldn't go for an AMD if you're planning to run PCSX2 at acceptable speeds.

You're better going for an e5xxx or an e6xxx if you want it cheap.
I dont think so, especially in low segment and budget. In low segment both CPU can OC. to around 3-3.2 ghz with easy. We dont talk E8400 which had large cache and can overclock to beyond 4ghz. We talk about CPU in same segment and i didnt hear intel E2xxx can OC. Beyond 3.4ghz. Because of that, i am curious about CPU performance in PCSX2.
So..for example: Intel P4 with 3Ghz , 2GB ram and 256 mb graphic card is better than mine?
I really can't accept that! Is AMD DUAL CORE so bad for pcsx2?
No not a P4,but comparing a core 2 duo at 2 Ghz and an athlon x2 at 2 Ghz as well,well the core 2 duo is about 20-30% faster at the same clock.
Now if I also add that you are using a laptop,which are always pretty slower than their desktop counterparts,I'd say your speed is to be expected/
Mhm,thank you for being so thorough.I guess i'll enjoy the pcsx2 emulator after 1-2 years(if i have better configuration course).Thank you again! Wink