..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help on config for FFX-2 + a bug question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I want to play FFX-2 and will be glad if you could help me configure PCSX2 to get the best performance i can.

PC Specs:
E8400 @ 3.0GHz
4GB RAM 800MHz CL4
Radeon 4870 512MB
Using an onboard Realtek sound card.
Win XP SP2

Currently the game runs at 40-50FPS Ingame (PAL ver. which is limited to 50). On rare heavy occasions goes down to 35.
FMVs work on 40 FPS and have horizontal lines over the screen.
I noticed that if i use the native resolution the lines are gone.

Bug:
In the very beginning of the game, you are on board the celsius airship.
On the airship theres an elevator. When you enter the elevator, there's supposed to be an option screen which allows you to select which floor you want to go to (I saw it on youtube). When i get to the elevator, the screen doesn't appear but is still active and i can still select and continue on with the game.
Is it fixable by configuration/patches?
EDIT: I found that it only happens with the playground version.

Thanks
(01-07-2009, 10:24 AM)Liran Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I want to play FFX-2 and will be glad if you could help me configure PCSX2 to get the best performance i can.

PC Specs:
E8400 @ 3.0GHz
4GB RAM 800MHz CL4
Radeon 4870 512MB
Using an onboard Realtek sound card.
Win XP SP2

Currently the game runs at 40-50FPS Ingame (PAL ver. which is limited to 50). On rare heavy occasions goes down to 35.
FMVs work on 40 FPS and have horizontal lines over the screen.
I noticed that if i use the native resolution the lines are gone.

Bug:
In the very beginning of the game, you are on board the celsius airship.
On the airship theres an elevator. When you enter the elevator, there's supposed to be an option screen which allows you to select which floor you want to go to (I saw it on youtube). When i get to the elevator, the screen doesn't appear but is still active and i can still select and continue on with the game.
Is it fixable by configuration/patches?
EDIT: I found that it only happens with the playground version.

Thanks

disable 2nd or 3rd speedhack and read the forum rules before posting something like that
Thanks, it solved my problem.

By the way, i read the rules and i cannot find anything wrong in what i posted.
- Before posting, please make sure to check the game with ALL the hacks off. Even the ones selected by the compatibility setting. Try with all the hacks off, since it may be a bug caused by the hack.

That's what they say for bug reports.
Just remember that the next time, you just made me waste time on a non-existent bug :/