..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ATV Offroad Fury 2 [SCUS 97369] (U)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
status=5;
version=1.4.0;
console=PS2;
crc=74A9F9F7;
img_t=empty;
img_f=empty;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 285 768MB

Build Description: PCSX2 18 02 2013 1.1.0 r5565- Windows
GSdx 5559 SSE41 [12 02 2013]
LilyPad 0.11.0 [13 01 2013]
cdvdGigaherz 0.8.0 [13 01 2013]
USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [13 01 2013]
SPU2-X 2.0.0 [12 02 2013]
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [13 01 2013]
FWnull Driver 0.7.0 [13 01 2013]
USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
DC and MTGS | VU1Rec and VU0Rec | rCache 0 | Console 1 | Patches 0

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:

N/A

Gamefixes Used:

N/A

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

Status goes from menus to playable.

Bugs:

Graphics are completely broken in gsdx hardware mode. Aside from minor graphics errors, looks fine in software mode.

Status
Playable
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD A8-3800 @ 2.7ghz
GPU: Radeon HD 6550D
Build Description: PCSX2 1.2.1 - Windows
BIOS: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal

Speedhacks used:
All with EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing at 2

Gamefixes Used:
None

Amount of testing done: Medium

Comments: Still playable

Bugs: Weird graphics issue in hardware mode.

Status
Playable

Edit: It seems my patch doesn't work because the memory address is randomly generated every time a level is generated.
I made a "patch" for this game that "fixes" the graphic problems in hardware mode (This time it should work with any game mode).
[Image: W510a44.png]
[Image: TWYf7ZJ.png]

The downside of the "patch" is that it decreases the draw distance for trees and doesn't render water at all. It also makes the screen flicker occasionally (which I could fix if I knew mips assembly better).

This patch for those that really want to use hardware mode.
PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Fx-6300  @4.1Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 4GB @ 1266Mhz

Build Description: PCSX2 1.4.0 - Windows

BIOS Used: USA v2.00(14/06/2004) Console

Pad settings: LilyPad 0.11.0
**** Mapped with ds4 plugged in directly with microUSB. No other third party software is used like DS4 windows or InputMapper.

EE/VU Clamp: Normal/Normal

GSdx Settings: 

Adapter: AMD Radeon RX 480
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Interlacing: Auto

Internal Resolution: Custom
Custom Resolution: 2560x1440
Texture Filtering: Bilinear (PS2)
Anisotropic Filtering: Off
CRC Hack Level: Full

Shaders: 

Enable FXAA

****Also tried on Software with same settings, works just as well, minus 2k textures Smile*****

Speedhacks: 

EE CycleRate: -1
VU Cycle Stealing: 3

Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection
Enable fast CDVD
mVU Flag Hack
MTVU

Gamefixes: N/A

Amount of testing done: much

Comments:

Found some visual glitches on prospect springs (the very first map). It seems like when you use hardware mode something is gone all wild and crazy with that particular map. No other maps show the same visual glitches. Other than that specific map, see below.

Game is very playable, no wacky textures or visual glitches. Played through the first and second championships on normal difficulty. I believe that the game is very intensive on the VU, so turning up VU stealing smoothed out the game immensely. My assumption is based on the screen before you enter a race, when the quad is front and center, the VU goes up to around 70-80% and can slow down the game. I think this has to do with the rendering of the bike in full resolution to show the player what a sick bike they have. Using hardware or software mode doesn't seem to matter on my rig, but i prefer hardware because i can bump up the textures to 2k resolution. As long as the emulation settings are the same, the game is very playable, locked in at 60 frames on the EE. However, the game can have some fps dips, and I'm unsure what causes that because the game is extremely playable and I haven't bothered to fix it.

****DISCLAIMER: I have not played every single map, so I cannot say whether or not hardware mode works on every map. I have proved that hardware is not compatible with prospect springs, and can only speak for a few maps. I have seen that software mode generally works with the same settings, so that may be a good fallback for hardware mode. 

Bugs:

Prospect springs visual glitches on hardware mode.
None worthy of mention, other than occasional fps dips.

Status

Playable
The patch listed above fixes the graphical glitches. But thanks for the update!