..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Massive lag during gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm new to this scene, I recently installed pcsx2 and tried to play an iso file. The software loaded fine and all, but after the cutscene when it started to show in-game cutscene, pcsx2 started lagging massively to the point where my entire laptop basically froze (it didn't freeze, it just lagged to the point where it seemed like it froze).

Here are my laptop specs

Processor: i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 4GB
DiretX version: DirectX 11
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series

I was trying to play this game called Urban Chaos. It is just the game that was having problem, or is my hardware lacking?
idk about that but 1.73ghz is to slow for emulation but i guess there are other solution that other people know..
you could try latest svn with mtvu hack since you have more than 2 cores...
make sure you tick native res in gsdx options, and use some speedhacks.

but yeah, 1.73 ghz is slow for pcsx2, and you weak GPU won't help either...
I've seen someone else running Tales game on ps2 with lower PC spec than mine and it was running fine.
then, I suggest you buy his PC, or keep playing it on your PS2 until you can afford a better machine
Why would I buy his pc when my laptop can play Witcher 2 on highest setting?
(06-17-2012, 11:03 PM)kaizenmx Wrote: [ -> ]my laptop can play Witcher 2 on highest setting?

Irrelevant. Your CPU should boost up to 2.5GHz with two active cores. Make sure that it does.
(06-17-2012, 11:03 PM)kaizenmx Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I buy his pc when my laptop can play Witcher 2 on highest setting?

because you want to play tales of the abyss@ good speeds, and you seem to believe your laptop can do it.

did you at least try my recommandations ?

And by the way, what is the link between a PC game and an emulated game ?
(06-17-2012, 11:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]because you want to play tales of the abyss@ good speeds, and you seem to believe your laptop can do it.

did you at least try my recommendations ?

And by the way, what is the link between a PC game and an emulated game ?

Precisely. I can run Crysis 2 at the best possible settings & The Witcher 2 at nearly top settings, but i still lag in SO3.

Emulated games aren't perfect, they're emulated, to be like the PS2 would run it, nothing's ever perfect, if it was it'd be boring.
I came into conclusion that it was the game file that was causing the massive lag. Tried the other games and it worked fine.
Pages: 1 2