..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to run FFX smoothly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

I've always wanted to play ps2 games on my pc (especially FFX), but never found or heard of a great emulator. Thanks to the developers ^^.

Since this is the first time im using it i woul appreciate some help.
I must say ive already tried to play it, its just that its laggy to play and sound is like listening to a robot trying to add emotion to his words -_-

My question is any of u guys (mods or pro-users), how to let it play smoothly on my pc. Im not sure of my full spec, but ill use the CPU info from the Config -> CPU. it shows this;
CPU vendor; Genuine Intel
Family; Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU E4500
CPU speed; 2202 MHZ
Features; MMX,SSE,SSe2,SSE3, x86-64

Im not entirely sure what to do, because with the mtgs and dc ons my SSE2 or SSE2T (the last one im using the most, the other keeps crashing after running), it immidiatly crashes, after displaying the PS2 start up.

Hope some can give some advise

Gary (Yazzmine is just my Gaming name)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-23.html
Read it and see if you still have problems after configuring properly
Did you ever read FAQ thread and other sticky threads which are related about playing games with pcsx2. If not yet, i suggest you first to read all of those. Pcsx2 Is CPU Dependant and love with great CPU ANd good grapich card (at least 8600gt for invidia or HD3650 for ATI). Various option an d settings can decent help for Fps but not with magical capabilities.
sorry for bothering guys, it seems i had to use P.E.Op.S sound plugin and ZeroGs KOSMOS v 0.97.0
now its worjking normal, well atleast the movies are ^^.
Bositman, im sorry for this post, i really should have tried some things myself, before asking -_-

Hope u dont mind xD, im full of dumb questions, dont expect this to be the last Tongue

Gary
I'm used to it (btw,GSdx should perform and play better,grab the latest one from here:
http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn )
im only getting 30-40fps on it.

my rig

Processor:
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), Performance Rated at 5.88 GHz
Memory:
2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:
660 GB Total
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Video Ram : 1.2gb
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

I have been digging in these forums for quite a while now and I read the faqs and all that. I don't understand why I can't even run ff x seeing its suppose to be the easiest game to run with this emu.
"Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), Performance Rated at 5.88 GHz"

LOLWUT.

Thanks, you just made my day Laugh.

Your CPU is too slow, that's the problem.
That's some serious overclock if you got it to 5.88ghz Laugh, but yeah, anything less than 2.2ghz is way too slow. You can always try the PAL version to see if that one runs better, as it only needs 50fps to run.
btw im not joking when I say it runs at 5.8 ghz. I overclocked the F out of it.

see

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7484/cpuspeedzz3.jpg
and don't worry the temp are still below normal.
.... you need to learn better how computer works.
Pages: 1 2