..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help [Star Ocean 3]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help guys. Sad( i really dont know where to post this but im having a hard time to get the right settings for star ocean 3. I played FFX on these settings but it runs smoothly. But in here its very slow (the chit chats and talkies are slow-mos.)

i tried 3 different betas

0.9.8 (r4600)
0.9.7 (r3878)
0.9.7 (r3113)

the last one has the best gameplay but dialouges are too slow-mos. Please what settings/plugins should i use to make it fast?

I have 1 gb videocard ATI RADEON HD5450 2gb of ram Dual Core 2.50 Ghz Processor. :'( Please help..
This is a demanding game and your CPU/GPU are definitely too weak.
use some speedhacks, set gsdx internal res to native, but don't expect miracles.
(06-23-2012, 04:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]This is a demanding game and your CPU/GPU are definitely too weak.
use some speedhacks, set gsdx internal res to native, but don't expect miracles.

But why is it that FFX i think the graphics is better even in battles with too many skill effects it runs flawlessly. in my case the dialouges where characters talk to each other blah blah (a scene for short) which do not have high effects coz they were just talking. It was like example "hello" will sound like hhhheeeelllllooooooo.. slow-mo. Sad so i think its just a setting problem..
nope.
FFX is one of the less demanding games.
many people were able to get full speed even on a P4 @3.0 Ghz
But not when ur using fire or demi magic Tongue

Turn EE and VU hack to 2(vu iirc work great for so3), but VU can kill some cut scenes, dialogue scenes so when that happend just get back vu to 0.
For the mods sorry if i made up another thread for this coz i think this is dead. Please help.
If it's dead it means everything was said, each game is different, have different requirements, doesn't matter you can run one at full speed, if the other one is 3 times more demanding.

There is no setting that would make you run this game at full speed on your current hardware, if you already tried Ecchiless suggestion, there's nothing more you can do. And if you will play with those speedhacks, better save often as not all cutscenes can be safely restored by turning off speedhacks;], some longest ones will simply crash.
the highest priority is to change your CPU to i5 or i7 of at least 4.0Ghz
because SO3 is a Megathrust/Catastrophic demanding
if not it won't help at all it keeps EE% at 100% at all time.
That not correct tallbender i can run so3 with a Regor @3.6, ATI 4770 512mg/ddr5 perfectly fine and with an upscale of 3x. The biggest grip i could have is the darn song with the flute.
(07-07-2012, 04:40 AM)ecchiless Wrote: [ -> ]That not correct tallbender i can run so3 with a Regor @3.6, ATI 4770 512mg/ddr5 perfectly fine and with an upscale of 3x. The biggest grip i could have is the darn song with the flute.

And that has been fixed with MotionJoy, so alls well that ends well.