..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PAl region BIOS and games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question.Does the region where the BIOS and games come from effect compatibility in anyway?Thanks in advance.
Not alot to my knowledge but yes, some games with BIOS from the first generation models aren't working that well. So far I have noticed differences in only a couple of games and the only example that I can thing that a BIOS would affect something to not work at all is mostly when you run homebrew or cidebreaker or whatever from the Run ELF.
I have come across none yet that differ on bios regions/revisions
Certain games can not be launched using Full Boot if the bios and game region do not match
(06-30-2012, 12:45 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]Certain games can not be launched using Full Boot if the bios and game region do not match
which is entirely not the point of this thread
It's relevant enough, since it is a compatibility issue pertaining bios. Stop trolling Saiki.
(06-30-2012, 11:00 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's relevant enough, since it is a compatibility issue pertaining bios. Stop trolling Saiki.

ok, for the whole .01% of games that do that it is. big whop. and I am NOT trolling. I simply took the question in a different way.

let me make this clear:
Assuming they are booted, the BIOS region makes no difference, unlike the 0.9.4 days