..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Whats up with my Persona 4 textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got Persona 4 today in the mail, immediately opened up PCSX2 to get everything ready, and the first few minutes of cutscenes (Non-anime, the ones after Igor and Margaret) have glitchy textures, like my coat dissapearing and Dojima's car having glitchy shadows. Is there a way to fix this?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
DVD version
Asus G73Jh with an ATI mobility Radeon HD 5870
6144 MB of RAM
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.
Oh sorry, forgot that.

Im using 0.9.6 and all I've changed is the bios directory and controls.
0.9.6 ?
it's definitely old.
erase it and download latest stable of latest svn from main pcsx2 site
then report back
I had an issue with Persona 3 FES and set the skipdraw hack to 5 or 7 and i fixed it immediatly. So i think that should help. Also if it runs slow go under >Emulation Settings >Preset Then try moving the Preset slider between 2-4. Im using mine on 3 i think.

(Also im using pcsx2 0.9.9 --> The newest svn)
Actually, it's unwise to use preset speedhacks on P4. VU/EE cycle stealing usually causes battle scenes to chug badly.

The texturing issue is one which was fixed in newer builds of the emulator, which have significantly redesigned path 3 masking. For a technical explaination, see here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-blog-Path...ry-Syncing
So on Persona 3, should i set VU and EE to... Defaults? Lol sorry to steal the thread for a second.
Alright I've updated my PCSX2 to 0.9.8 but my save data is gone, is there some way to import?
Pages: 1 2