..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gran Turismo 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I seem to have an issue running Gran Turismo 4 with pcsx2 0.9.8
The problem is when I try to pick a car the frames drop from 60 to 54 and thus the game sound slowing down aswell, relative to the frame drop.
I tried to start a race but screen went black and had to restart my pc manually..

I tried to find a way to increase fps but even lowering resolution and other techniques didn't help and I'm getting the same exact fps with or without settings... I have V-sync off but for some reason I get 60fps max in the game's menus and also tried messing with nvidia control pannel to dissable v sync but it didn't help and pcsx2 not affected by nvidia control panel at all....

My specs are:
Intel i7 920 @ 2.8ghz stock
Gigabyte ex58-ud3r Mobo
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560Ti OC GPU
3 gig or ram
Windows 7 home premium

I'm new to this and would appreciate any kind of help or will to help a noob like me...
Spent about 3 hours trying all the settings but without any luck..
Unsure
get the latest SVN from here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

then enable the MTVU speedhack, that will help you quite a bit.

other than that, all you have left is overclocking. Gran Turismo is pretty demanding.
Thank you Refraction, now I can truly play, not constant 60fps all the time but it's pretty much playable! Thanks!!Smile
Do all aspects of "Simulation" mode(car wash, license test, garage unlocks) work in GT4? Can the game be completed to full end using PCSX2 without any crashes or freezes?
not in one sitting, because of the legendary GT4 VirtualAllocation crash. 8bit textures and the 4gb patch extend playtime though
Native mode is recommended to keep the memory usage down too.
Very interesting. Squall/refraction, how much play time are we talking here, before it crashes? Just wanna get a rough idea.
depends what resolution you have it set to. For me i use native res with the 8bit textures box ticked and dont have any crashes, but i guess im just lucky ;p
I've been playing for a few days now and have around 10 cars in the garage now.
Didn't have any game crashes so far...

Is there a known fix for the blurry replay cameras?
Or the blurry car spinner in the menus?
I want to enjoy this game but I'm afraid this two bugs can ruin my eye sight..
That's probably a repercussion of the interlacing and deinterlacing techniques, there isnt really a lot you can do about that (however i havent noticed the spinning car one).

The other possible cause for the replays being blurry is the post processing to simulate "heat" on the road in the sunny weather, which you cant really solve per-se, but software mode "might" handle it better, at the cost of not using a higher resolution.
Pages: 1 2 3