..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Assistance Needed! Kingdom Hearts 1 Freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I'm new to the forums, and also somewhat new to the whole emulation thing.

I have an issue, that I hope will find resolve from the expertise of the people in here.

When I play Kingdom Hearts 1, the game tends to freeze on me at random locations. Seems as if, I play for around an hour it just freezes. I have no clue what is causing this problem, and the emulator Log does not show any error reportations either.

I run the game from ISO on my harddrive, using the latest pcsx 2

My specs are as following:

GPU: 4x3GHZ AMD Phenom II
Ram: 3GB DDR3
Video: ATI RADEON 5860HD

And these are my settings for the emulator:

[Image: s12e0h.png]
[Image: 28s0duv.png]
[Image: 2iayl9y.png]
[Image: xbzdyh.png]
[Image: 2nb7nfs.png]
[Image: 2rgz5u0.png]
[Image: 11bqlv7.png]
[Image: auv2jb.jpg]

Any help is much appreciated (:
Well I recommend you to download the latest SVN. I've been playing for more than an hour and I have yet to experience any king of bug or crash. Hopefully you won't need to use any presets because this might be the reason for crashes. If it's slow then enable MTVU hack, but try to avoid [Not Recommended] speedhacks.
Links to SVN: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html or http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Edit 1:

One last thing. Game resolution is 512x447 and you use 1980x1020. With x3 scaling you have 1536x1341 which isn't much of a difference but has sharper graphics. So why don't you use x3 scaling? Vertical lines maybe? If so then they are gone in latest revision.
(07-04-2012, 08:59 PM)warliukz Wrote: [ -> ]Well I recommend you to download the latest SVN. I've been playing for more than an hour and I have yet to experience any king of bug or crash. Hopefully you won't need to use any presets because this might be the reason for crashes. If it's slow then enable MTVU hack, but try to avoid [Not Recommended] speedhacks.
Links to SVN: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html or http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Edit 1:

One last thing. Game resolution is 512x447 and you use 1980x1020. With x3 scaling you have 1536x1341 which isn't much of a difference but has sharper graphics. So why don't you use x3 scaling? Vertical lines maybe? If so then they are gone in latest revision.

I'm pretty clueless, so I just set the resolution to what applies to my screen. It looks perfectly fine though, in every cutscene, the game will apply a black line border top and bottom, but in the normal gameplay it fits to my screen and doesn't look weird or worse than what I remember from when playing it on ps2 and tv.

I'm gonna try the SVN, but atm I havent experienced anymore crashes. I guess it could just be a random occurrence regarding the ISO itself, if so then I just have to remember to save often.

Another note is, if I SaveState while it freezes, and then load state, it loads as frozen. Is this normal? Seems quite weird to me, that it would load "Oh hello I am frozen" data xD
Well, this custom and x3 scaling is almost the same so leave it at whatever you like (Emulator creates models and textures at your selected internal resolution (scaling) and then it shrinks it to your selected window size (GS Windows menu) or fullscreen, but the point is that when using x3 scaling you avoid glitches and the game sometimes looks better. Going beyond x3 is almost pointless, as there are no further improvements and a huge fps drop). As for savestates then yes, it is normal. If the game is frozen then it means that emulator code is also frozen and savestate is basically a saved emulator code which you can save and then quick load for your convenience.

PS. If you ever come across black vertical lines then set custom resolution to 1080x1920 (yes, inverted).
that's the kind of drawbacks you get when using agressive preset...
I actually set the agressive preset after it froze the first time. It happenned again after. Only happenned two times now though, and I'm at Olympus Collisseum, so I guess my issue isn't as big as I feared