..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS fluctuation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm trying to play Dragon Quest 8, but the frame rate tends to fluctuate between 40 fps and 120 fps, changing the game speed as well.

How can I change the settings so that fps does not effect how quickly the game runs? The music and game slows to a crawl and then fast forwards and it's irritating as hell and unplayable.

Also, the audio sounds muffled, and I don't know how to fix that. I've tried using running the game from my disc and I've tried from the iso I made out of it, and nothing changes.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Also if you have not already done so...

*Update you GPU drivers (and other drivers that you think may be outdated Tongue2)
*Update PCSX2 to the latest SVN - http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Graphics Card - Radeon HD 6870 mobile
CPU- Intel i7-2630QM
RAM- 4gigs ddr3
OS- Windows 7

I'm using whatever version of PSCX2 I can download right off the site, and all options on default.
ok
use latest svn, enable MTVU hack.
set gsdx internal res to native
use recommended speedhacks.

If all this isn't enough, set ee cycle rate to 1
No change in performance. Maybe it's just the game. I'll try another one.
Make sure that you use framelimmiting using F4.