..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Looking for support for my Sony Vaio F Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im really not sure if this is the right place to post this because this is my very first post to the forums but here goes anyways.

I own a Sony Vaio F Series laptop and have the following specs.

RAM: 8GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
PCSX2 settings attached.

So... Now that that is out of the way..

Some game ISOs I have work flawlessly. For example:
- Kingdom Hearts 1,2, & CoM
- Final Fantasy X
- Soul Calibur III
- Resident Evil 4
- Tony Hawks Underground 2
- Lego Star Wars

However...some games I have on ISO and all of the games I have on disc barely run and if they do they run extremely slow. I was wondering if any settings adjustments would help me here or if there are any other solutions. Also the games that I do get to run I can even run them in high resolution without any problems. It just seems weird that some games work flawlessly and some wont run. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
well the list of flawlessly working games wont help at all Tongue

what games that you're having trouble at and and can you explain the problem better !

Thank you

all the games that you have can turn into ISO using the Free program Imgburn Smile
Ok the games I have tried that havent worked well and most of them all have the same problem of loading fine and just running incredibly slow. I was wondering since its basically the same problem with every game if I was using the wrong setting or something. Malfunctioning games are as follows:
ISOS:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Champions of Norath
- Need for Speed Underground: 2
- Ratchet and Clank
Physical Disks:
- Xenosaga: Episode 1
- Rock Band
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus
- Lord of the Rings the Two Towers
- NBA Street
I actually downloaded ImgBurn and started converting to ISOS because I read that they run smoother.
well do the following :

1- Download the new version known as SVN in the homepage

2- enable all recommended speed hacks and the new hack MTVU ( which allows PCSX2 to utilize a 3rd core )
experimint VU cycling and EE cycle rate with each game because they may cause glitches
( enable VU cycling to Shadow of Colossus without testing Tongue )

all can be found in :

Config < Emulation settings < Speed hacks

3- enable "native" Resolution in GSDX and chose D3DX11 as a render

Config < Video < Plugin settings
Out of games you've mentioned, I only have NBA Street. EE Cyclerate set to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing set to 1 helped me get the highest FPS for this particular game. Other settings caused slowdowns.
(07-26-2012, 04:45 AM)kylehibs Wrote: [ -> ]ISOS:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Champions of Norath
- Need for Speed Underground: 2
- Ratchet and Clank
Physical Disks:
- Xenosaga: Episode 1
- Rock Band
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus
- Lord of the Rings the Two Towers
- NBA Street

on the iso thing does this mean that you downloaded these?
^Is me or ur not a mod of anything?

U can gain a warning for acting like a one. One time bositman say it clearly they are not police, so they dont ask, but if the user comes and says anything about warez, then they act.
^ You're right...

We do not aim to close people's thread unless there's no other option, example is when the OP clearly stated that he/she admitted piracy...

@weeny

Witch-hunting is not tolerated here, please refrain from doing that again...
Just to get this off the topic of a piracy thread I buy all my games at a store called the Exchange real cheap I would recommend it if you haven been.

Back to business. @abdo123 Thanks a bunch for the help I got Shadow of the Colossus running well enough to play I have tweaked around with most settings in PCSX2 but I guess I never stumbled on the VU and EE cycles because altering those made all of my games run better.

I guess I'm realizing that there isn't a standard set of settings that PCSX2 should be set on at all times. Different games take different settings.

Also, @BigLoz thanks for the settings for NBA Street they worked well.
(07-27-2012, 03:07 AM)kylehibs Wrote: [ -> ]Just to get this off the topic of a piracy thread I buy all my games at a store called the Exchange real cheap I would recommend it if you haven been.

Back to business. @abdo123 Thanks a bunch for the help I got Shadow of the Colossus running well enough to play I have tweaked around with most settings in PCSX2 but I guess I never stumbled on the VU and EE cycles because altering those made all of my games run better.

I guess I'm realizing that there isn't a standard set of settings that PCSX2 should be set on at all times. Different games take different settings.

Also, @BigLoz thanks for the settings for NBA Street they worked well.

Yeah they can help alot but there like booze try not to put them always on a high level Wink