..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone... I recently dowloaded the newest version of PCSX2 (0.9.8) and I dont know what to do! the main reason why I wanted this emulator so badly is because I wanted to play Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks and Aliens Vs. Predator Extinction. The first ISO that I got was Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks and the minute I started it, the graphics and sound were so slow! I have tried configuring the settings and plugins ever since I got the emulator and to be honest, it hasnt really changed its overall performance Sad I want to see what advice you guys could give me so this way I could probably get better performance without having to pay lots of money for new PC parts! Tongue I really want to get this thing going with a better gaming performance. I have the list of my laptop specs at the bottom. Overall I thought my laptop would run games smoothly on PCSX2 cause Im able to run every other game on other emulators smoothly. I would appreciate your help thanks guys.

TOSHIBA Satelite C650D

AMD Radeon HD 4200 graphics card

AMD Athlon ™ II P320 Dual Core Processor 2.10 Ghz

4.00 GB RAM (3.74 Usable)

64 bit operating system

Thanks...
Theres not much that u can do with that machine, play the games in ur ps2 instead.
(07-29-2012, 01:54 AM)ecchiless Wrote: [ -> ]Theres not much that u can do with that machine, play the games in ur ps2 instead.

Could there be some way that I could configure the settings to get a slight better performance? Anything?
well try searching for the "low end pc configuration" here in the forums, maybe u can find something usefull, also try to search for posts talking about the games that u wanna play, so u can find more info.

GL o/
Your laptop is way too week,especially for Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks.
I can barely get 10fps on that game with any settings and my pc is similar in a way to your laptop
(07-29-2012, 02:37 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop is way too week,especially for Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks.
I can barely get 10fps on that game with any settings and my pc is similar in a way to your laptop

what if I try even upgrading the amount of RAM I have?
Having massive amount of RAM won't affect PCSX2 performance...
(07-29-2012, 03:04 AM)Archerko Wrote: [ -> ]Having massive amount of RAM won't affect PCSX2 performance...

Do you think there is ANYTHING on this laptop that can slightly be upgraded?
We're talking about laptops here, there is NO or LITTLE room for upgrade...

Even if you can, it would hurt your wallet much...

Better start saving now for a new system in future...
yes you can buy a bloody new one...