..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: final fantasy 12 fps drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i ripped the iso from my own disc using 'dvd decryptor' i play for a few but then my fps drops from 60 to 30-40, but when i reload my plugins (ex: changing from ssse3 to sse4) it puts it back to 60 for a few again.

system information:
OS Name- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version- 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer- Dell Inc.
System Model- Dell System XPS L702X
System Type- x64-based PC
Processor- Intel® Core™ i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date- Dell Inc. A17, 2/22/2012
SMBIOS Version- 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)- 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory- 7.90 GB
Available Physical Memory- 4.64 GB
Total Virtual Memory- 15.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory- 11.9 GB
Page File Space- 7.90 GB

-pcsx information-
plugins/bios
version: 0.9.9.5037 (svn)
bios: europe v2.00 (04/11/2004)
GS: gsdx 5085 (msvc 16.00, ssse3) 0.1.16 [GSdx32-ssse3-r5085]
pad: lilypad svn (r4959) 0.11.0 [lilypad-r4959]
spu2: spu2-x r5025 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5025]

video settings
gsdx9
renderer: direct3D9 (hardware)
interlacing: none
native: not on
texture filtering: on
alpha correction: on
logarithmic z: on

audio settings
interpolation: 4 catmull-rom (ps2-like/slow)
module: 1 xaudio 2 (recommended)
synchronizing mode: timestretch (recommended)
audio expansion mode: stereo (none, default)

-emulation settings-
ee/iop
emotionengine: recompiler
iop: recompiler
round mode: chop/zero
clamping mode: normal

VUs
VU0: microVU recompiler
VU1: microVU recompiler
round mode: chop/zero
clamping mode: normal

GS
frame skipping: disabled
frames to draw: 2
frames to skip: 2
base framerate adjust: 100%
slow motion adjust: 50%
turbo adjust: 200%

speedhacks
enable speedhacks: on
ee cyclerate: 1
VU cycle stealing: 0
INTC spin detection: on
wait loop detection: on
fast cdvd: on
mVU flag hack: on
mVU block hack: on
MTVU: on

gamefixes
all off

------------------------
any help on which settings i should use for this game, would be great ^^
and any help on how to better my rig would be great also ^^
thanks in advance
make power plan to "High settings" and disable AntiVirus or anything that could use the Laptop's resources

FFXII is one of the easiest games to emulate ....

and do you have an discrete GPU or you're using INTEL HD3000 ?
Hmm you do press esc/suspend the game when you're changing GSdx to see a speed increase yeah? If soo, your problem is most likely overheating;]. Buy a cooling pad or at least aim some fan onto your laptop while playing.

Also change GSdx renderer from DX9 to DX11;], it's much faster(about twice in FFXII) meaning less load on your gpu and that also results in less heat which surely will positively increase the time before your laptop overheats.
You could probably also turn off MTvu, and I don't say that only couse your cpu is limited to 2 cores, MTvu always gives bigger cpu load than eventual speed gain you should easily see that EE+VU is always bigger than EE with VU included when this speedhack is disabled and soo enabling it generates additional heat, your cpu probably doesn't really need it anyway as i7 should be fast enough for this game on such clocks with other speedhacks.
use the program Coretemp to know the current temp of your CPU run it at using PCSX2 and tell us

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
(07-31-2012, 02:18 AM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]make power plan to "High settings" and disable AntiVirus or anything that could use the Laptop's resources

FFXII is one of the easiest games to emulate ....

and do you have an discrete GPU or you're using INTEL HD3000 ?

power plan? o3o

and no i do not *think* i have a discrete gpu or intel hd3000

(07-31-2012, 02:22 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm you do press esc/suspend the game when you're changing GSdx to see a speed increase yeah? If soo, your problem is most likely overheating;]. Buy a cooling pad or at least aim some fan onto your laptop while playing.

Also change GSdx renderer from DX9 to DX11;], it's much faster(about twice in FFXII) meaning less load on your gpu and that also results in less heat which surely will positively increase the time before your laptop overheats.
You could probably also turn off MTvu, and I don't say that only couse your cpu is limited to 2 cores, MTvu always gives bigger cpu load than eventual speed gain you should easily see that EE+VU is always bigger than EE with VU included when this speedhack is disabled and soo enabling it generates additional heat, your cpu probably doesn't really need it anyway as i7 should be fast enough for this game on such clocks with other speedhacks.

i pause the game when changing but it automatically resets the emulator back to where i left off
ill change to dx11 and turn off mtvu and see how it does ^^
what GPU you got Huh ( GPU = Graphic card )

and i mean this by power plan ( click to enlarge ) :

[Image: phplsz_JOz.jpg]
(07-31-2012, 02:25 AM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]use the program Coretemp to know the current temp of your CPU run it at using PCSX2 and tell us

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

downloaded and using while playing the game with the slightly new settings of dx11 and mtvu off
goes up to 95 degrees c
(07-31-2012, 02:39 AM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]what GPU you got Huh ( GPU = Graphic card )

and i mean this by power plan ( click to enlarge ) :

[Image: phplsz_JOz.jpg]

according to device manager my display adapters which i am pretty sure are the same thing as gpu (correct me if im rong, its where the net told me to go to check my gpu)
-intel® hd graphics family
-nvidia geforce gt 555m
(07-31-2012, 02:45 AM)kabu666 Wrote: [ -> ]downloaded and using while playing the game with the slightly new settings of dx11 and mtvu off
goes up to 95 degrees c

holy smoke that's the maximum safe allowed do not use PCSX2 or play a game untill you get like 50-60C !!!!!!! Excl
(07-31-2012, 02:58 AM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]holy smoke that's the maximum safe allowed do not use PCSX2 or play a game untill you get like 50-60C !!!!!!! Excl

doesnt go down that low, lowest it gets is low 70's or high 60's
Pages: 1 2 3 4