..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Memory card unformatted after changing psx2 versions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been playing Dragon Quest 8 for about 60 hrs now... and I saved my game onto a memory card that was inserted in the psx2 svn 5119... I recently downloaded the new version of the emulator, and reinserted the same card in the new emulator... when I boot DQ8 my memory card is empty... and In the memory card manager, the card is not formated... Is there a way to port my saved games to a new emulator or do i have to screw around with save states until I am able to save?

Btw this happened to me at least 2 times since and I could manage to get my saved game over to the new version... everything I try now doesnt work. Is there a way to manage memory cards with a seperate program? or is there a simple way to port the saved games to the new emulator?

Thanks

I forgot to mention : All I did was extract the new svn build in my current psx2 folder overwriting some duplicate files...(memorycard folder untouched) I have the folder backed up but my save game is old and only has 30 hrs... I just dont feel like reinvesting 30 hrs of my time...
what about to do this :

Delete the 5119 except for the save

install the 1.0 version

place the memory cards not the folders in the memcards folder in PCSX2 directory
Check the memory card manager in PCSX2 for new files.
Also check if the directory is correct.
If you download 5119 and place only the pcsx2-r5119 into the pcsx2 1.0.0 folder,does the card work.

Are you starting the game this way...System=>BOOT CDVD(fast or full)=>wait a little=>load a save state=>at some point save to the memory card and make a save state
And the next time again System=>BOOT CDVD(fast or full)=>wait a little=>load a save state=>at some point save to the memory card and make a sate state
hey thanks for the quick replies guys. vsub thats what I did the first few times it happened to me, but now both memory cards are unformatted (weird) I know my save games are all in there...

ok My saves states are corrupted : Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: D:\SSD Backup\PSX2 v3\sstates\SLUS-21207 (F4715852).00.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate file does not contain 'PCSX2 Savestate Version.id'(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

or is it a version thingny?
Were you using some weird/hacked PCSX2 version? Because this ---> PSX2 v3 did not make sense
(08-06-2012, 07:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Were you using some weird/hacked PCSX2 version? Because this ---> PSX2 v3 did not make sense

Its the folder name for my psx2 files. Anyways I managed to find another backup memory card i had. 67:44 hrs in DQ8... better than 31 hrs lol. I still have alot missing but at least I dont have to start at the 30 hrs mark