..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [questions/suggestions] Savestates and Interlacing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question/Suggestion #1 :

when The plugins are loaded after loading a SS why every plugin start working separately after each one is loaded for example :

GS is loaded :
~0.5 second with no sound , 1 second with the message "please insert a PAD"
SPU-2 is loaded :
~0.5 second with the message "please insert a PAD"
PAD is loaded everything works fine .... Mellow

why isn't the game is resuming after all Plugins have been successfully loaded ? instead of each plugin is loaded manually ...

i am a noob at how the process starts and what happens with the code and the Hardware but could someone explain ...

Question/Suggestion #2 :

when Interlacing is needed

why isn't the best ( or the only working ) Interlacing option is applied normally using CRC like all other hacks and fixes or it's too late now Tongue

like enabling tons of things manually is not very cool for newbies ( even if we have a hot toggle button Tongue )

Thank you for your answers
You are loading the state too fast, if you let the game run for a couple of seconds it would have detected the pad normally.
We can't manually set interlace modes for each game because most times there is no 'best' it's what each person prefers
1.Any problem with the way it works now?

2.There is Auto mode for interlacing that automatically switch to the best mode depending on how the game works,you don't need to switch modes if you set the interlacing mode to auto
(08-07-2012, 10:27 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]...
2.There is Auto mode for interlacing that automatically switch to the best mode depending on how the game works,you don't need to switch modes if you set the interlacing mode to auto

It's not the "best" mode, but rather a fixed one (one of the blend modes), and it should be chosen automatically when the game outputs an interlaced image. One can switch to another deinterlace mode though, but as bositman noted, it's a personal preference and there's no best.
(08-07-2012, 10:31 AM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the "best" mode, but rather a fixed one (one of the blend modes), and it should be chosen automatically when the game outputs an interlaced image.
I guess I didn't use the right wordsTongue2
That's what I meant
(08-07-2012, 10:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You are loading the state too fast, if you let the game run for a couple of seconds it would have detected the pad normally.
We can't manually set interlace modes for each game because most times there is no 'best' it's what each person prefers

1-i know that why the game isn't resuming after all the Plugins have been loaded instead of this "fast load" issue Laugh

2- well the best option usually is the good looking and effective i don't see anyone would argue with that Smile

(08-07-2012, 10:27 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]1.Any problem with the way it works now?

about #2 big disagreement here .... Rolleyes

Edit :

i need to refresh before posting

(08-07-2012, 10:33 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I didn't use the right wordsTongue2
That's what I meant
Yes, 'good looking' is highly subjective in these cases.
(08-07-2012, 10:34 AM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]about #2 big disagreement here .... Rolleyes

Well at least I haven't encounter a game after the Auto mode was added that I need to manually switch interlacing mode...auto always choose the best(at least for me)interlacing mode.
No shacking or blurry images while I'm moving
like how ?

it's not like how someone find it it's about being properly emulated ...

or there is a difference between Hardware ?