..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: @Request thread for new game in compatibility list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
95% of games run at a decent speed, i only know of only a few games which will not run at full speed on even the most powerful computers.
1) Need for Speed Carbon PAL (Unk) (E)
2)SLES_54321
3)Game CRC = 0xECCEEC09
4) PC Specs:

CPU: INTEL I5 M 430 @2.27ghz
GPU: NVIDIA 330M
Build Description: PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - Windows
BIOS: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

EE/FPU: Chop/Zero Clamp: Full
VU0/VU1: chop/ zero: Clamp: normal

Speedhacks used: Recommended

Amount of testing done: Medium

Issues:
Hardware rendering will produce grey squares at times, they can appear by themselves or together. They dont usually hinder gameplay as they are usually in the top left hand corner and bottom right hand corner, first one is usually small, second is a larger rectangle, though the HUD is not appear above the grey rectangle. Colour distortions with trees as well as occassional fog, though no other issues with image.

Game is ingame, the career as well as the quick race option has been tested as of writing, I am yet to try the challenge section as well as complete the game.

The current hardware combined with the clamping produces very low fps ( range between 5-10 during gameplay and just above 10 during the menu sequences. Videos and save screens produce around 20fps. The FPS limitations has meant that I have not been able to complete the game yet.

Screenshot of Hardware rendering issues: http://i.imgur.com/InX3Mks.jpg
Top left grey rectangle and colour distorted trees in distance, notice they have been coloured similarly to the grey struts above. Occassional graphical glitches in roads but very infequent and minor

When alternating between hardware and software rendering, more grey graphical boxes are formed, when trying to change the settings, PCSX2 will report out of memory/ resources, though it doesn't crash.
Software rendering from game boot causes no issues as of yet.

I notice that the American version of the game is reported to only allow intro, could someone please test with these settings to see if anything changes Smile. I'll post any updates in another thread

No game breaking issues discovered.

p.s first post, if irrelevant please delete or move to correct forum
Thread made here please repost your report: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Need-for-...ES-54321-E

and wow, never seen carbon go past the loading screen, this is a great improvement Smile have you tried playing with the skipdraw setting to solve the grey boxes in hardware mode? How does it run in software mode with extra render threads?
Alright an update, spent another couple of hours or so messing with it.

Hardware Rendering:
I was able to remove all of the grey boxes by including unchecking the 8bit textures as well as the skipdraw at 1, this has caused a significant improvement in FPS. The game will happily run in career and quick race mode between 15-20 FPS. Smile Load screens are well on their way towards the PAL limit and the save screens are hovering between 10-25 tends to vary, though no issues to FPS during autosave during mid game free roam. Increasing the skipdraw causes slight problems with the cars, some of the panels will become see through but its not very significant (usually affects the boot and front bumper).
Trees also seem to be playing fairly nicely now, though there are still issues with colours. (see below)

Software rendering:
I am running a DUAL CORE laptop i5 so I'm not expecting great things, the software rendering usually forces FPS to between 4-8, adding a single extra render thread has managed to get one or two FPS more out of the machine, no more than 11.
Adding a second extra rendering thread means that there is rough average of 7-8 FPS however after short amounts of time (sub 5 mins) the emulator will crash. I will be looking into it, though would appreciate any adivice.
Adding a third causes major issues as my hardware is not quad core, GSDX regularly reports it is out of memory and that it temporarily stops producing textures, this cases large grey rectangles that flash. The size of the rectangle is usually around half the screen size. Game will still play for short periods with no FPS improvement.

Someone else will have to report about the extra rendering threads as I am not able to lay my hands upon anything quad core Sad

Issues still present:
There are a few lighting glitches that are very minor, seems to occurr only with headlights of oncoming traffic over hills and walls. Causes next to no issue for players. There can also be glitches with skid marks that are ingrained on the maps, small texture issues but nothing significant. I am yet to mess with colour settings, though currently colours on cars can range from very vivid especially with green to faint and weak, with some blues and reds. Notice how faint the blue is on my car in the screenshot. This is most likely to be the game, I havent unlocked enough bits yet to properly test it all out but will update. Seems as though the trees are mostly comprised of very dark greens and blacks.

I will need someone to confirm this as it is impossible to check on the PS2, seems as though the transition from animated seens to the actual appearance of the HUD produces a few completely grey frames. This only occurrs at the start of the race, where the camera pans around the cars/ looks at the background and then moves towards the rear of the car settling in the standard camera position during races, grey frames appear and then the HUD appears. There are no other issues graphically with the cars, background etc at the start of the race.

Seems the game has a rediculous amount of motion blur etc, just looking in the rear view mirror where these effects are not supplied can improve the FPS by a couple, also allowed me to determine any issues with the rendering/ aliasing of signs whilst actually racing.

Any suggestions?
TLLaughR Removing 8bit textures seems to improve FPS significantly and also seems to remove grey boxes in HW rendering. Minor graphical issues nothing that harms gameplay so far.
oh didn't noticed this page Tongue2

i originally said this:

"hey i was trying to help you guys out, making a thread for a game i discovered is working on your emulator but it's not on the compatibility list, but it said ui don't have privileges so i'll just say NRL Rugby League 2 (Australia) its working."
(04-26-2014, 05:29 PM)megafilipe Wrote: [ -> ]oh didn't noticed this page Tongue2

i originally said this:

"hey i was trying to help you guys out, making a thread for a game i discovered is working on your emulator but it's not on the compatibility list, but it said ui don't have privileges so i'll just say NRL Rugby League 2 (Australia) its working."

You didn't read the first post did you?
1)Game title:ESPN NBA 2Night
2)ELF name: SLES_500.75
3)Game CRC-68DAC75E
4)Status-Playable

(PAL-UNK)
1)Game title:Gran Turismo 4 - Prologue
2)ELF name: SCAJ_200.66
3)Game CRC-DD764BBE
4)Status-Playable

(Chinese region)
Done
Thread made, please post your report there: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-eJay-Club...ES-50933-E
Thanks Smile